Which W7 Edition do you buy?

Associate
if you pre-order or already using with RTM then which one do you?

Win 7 Home Starter
Win 7 Home Basic
Win 7 Home Prem
Win 7 Pro
Win 7 Ultimate
Win 7 Enterprise

Home Prem seem quite enough for home use as Ultimate is wee bit more but it cost much more as Home Prem seem so cheap

Associate
Hey glad this thread came up :) i saw a link to a really nice table which compared the different w7 versions and showed what they had compaired to each other on one thread already but can't find it anywhere :mad: Would be epic if anyone could link it if they know which one i mean.

If not il just watch peoples opinions here and decide myself which to go for, probs just home premium unless the others give some serious performance increases in games? :)

lcg

lcg

Associate
I've bought Professional and Home Premium, but now have a free copy of Ultimate, so I will be using that on my main PC (currently using Professional).

Soldato
none, because theres no performance increase from vista :D. but if i did id say premium

Did you test Win 7 with the RC to find out?

I find Win 7 streets faster than Vista personally as its not as resource hungry, seems a general consensus !

Caporegime
Professional ordered from the "student" deal so that I at least know I have a spare license if I ever need one.

Then I'll be getting enterprise or ultimate through work for all the remaining licenses I need. I'm in the process of sorting out the OVS paperwork for enterprise, so most likely it'll be enterprise.

Associate
I Bought two editions, Pro for the desktop and Home Premium for the laptop.

Originally did the same but cancelled the Professional edition and now plan to leave the laptop on Vista and use Home Premium on my desktop. Will probably change the laptop sometime next year which will come with Windows 7, and there was nothing in the Professional that I would use that could justify the extra £50.

Associate
Home Premium, there's nothing I use in the comparison tables that justifies the extra cash.

Is there an easy upgrade route if Professional or Ultimate is required in the future, or do we have to start again with a fresh install?

Soldato
I've goone for home prem due to price and features most suitable.

However, running the rc (ultimate) everything seems to be like clockwork.

Shame there's no bitlocker on the home prem version.

Anyone know of a good alternative?

Top Bottom