Which way round to fit a bathroom

Soldato
So I currently have the room skimmed, ply laid, shower tray bedded and first fix elextrcs/plumbing

What should I do next?

Soldato
OP
I didn't want to do anything now that I'll regret further on

I was thinking bath then floor tiles or whatever then wall tiles then furniture

Caporegime
From the point you're at I tiled the walls then floor. Painted the walls and ceiling. Then grouted. Then moved the bath in (free standing). Then shower fittings, basin and toilet went in. Had a proper nightmare though as the tiles just could not be drilled or cut.

Caporegime
Aye but if its not freestanding then my preference would be the bath going in first, just remembering to cover it so it doesn't get damaged by any tiles. It's a bit chicken and egg really and there are pros and cons to both routes.

Just make sure you fill the bath before laying the tiles, grouting/sealing, so the bath can sink (as it will with all that weight in it).

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye but if its not freestanding then my preference would be the bath going in first, just remembering to cover it so it doesn't get damaged by any tiles. It's a bit chicken and egg really and there are pros and cons to both routes.

Just make sure you fill the bath before laying the tiles, grouting/sealing, so the bath can sink (as it will with all that weight in it).

My preference is to tile walls, then floor then fit the bath... The tiles waterproof/protect from any small leaks to some degree.

Can't type for toffee
Don
frame, bath, a few layers of decent thick low tack tape around top of bath.
Cover bath with a sheet of MDF or summit while to do everything else.
also means you have a workbench in the bathroom temporarily :)

Back
Top Bottom