which whey is the right whey?

Soldato
Hi I wanted to know which whey you all have?

I used my protein for many years but they have seriously gone downhill now.
I find their powder unmixable and gave me stomach cramps

USN are good but overpriced
what you all have?

Man of Honour
Avoid Myprotein as you say, the quality is garbage and it's cheap for a reason. It gives me and nearly everyone I know who used to use it bad guts. I actually thought I had IBS but as soon as I switched from Myprotein whey, it seems to have cleared up and I'm fine, but still using whey

I currently use CNP as a brand, just because I get it at a very good price. However, GoNutrition or BulkPowders are meant to be very good. I used to use TheProteinWorks but they seem rubbish lately in terms of stuff being in stock and the products having ingredients changed

Soldato
OP
Avoid Myprotein as you say, the quality is garbage and it's cheap for a reason. It gives me and nearly everyone I know who used to use it bad guts. I actually thought I had IBS but as soon as I switched from Myprotein whey, it seems to have cleared up and I'm fine, but still using whey

I currently use CNP as a brand, just because I get it at a very good price. However, GoNutrition or BulkPowders are meant to be very good. I used to use TheProteinWorks but they seem rubbish lately in terms of stuff being in stock and the products having ingredients changed

thanks

yes regarding my protein wow so badly downhill

I would not use them again for whey! very very poor.
no whey!

Soldato
Not sure what protein you guys have been using but I still think MyProtein are the best value and quality protein supplier.

I don't use the cheap Impact Whey though, is that what you're referring to?

I use the Native Whey 95 for PWO and Vegan Blend any other time.

Soldato
OP
Not sure what protein you guys have been using but I still think MyProtein are the best value and quality protein supplier.

Yes impact whey, used to be whey better years ago
now it is very very poor

Associate
I use bulk powders informed whey. It's expensive but the added ingredients make it easier on the stomach compared to basic whey imo. Also the taste isn't entirely awful.

Associate
The aftertaste isn't as bad but still kinda there tbh. I haven't used myprotein for a few years now but IIRC the basic whey from BP and MP was pretty similar. I think the plain whey is fine if you don't have any lactose issues.

Associate
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is nice if you can catch it on offer, Amazon do deals every now and then, I don't think I've ever paid full price for it though. Agree MyProtein Impact Whey is pretty bad these days, I used to get stomach and wind problems from it like another poster said and I didn't realise for quite a while that was the cause!

Man of Honour

I hate to sound like I'm dismissing your opinion but nah, Myprotein are just utter ****. I stopped using their Impact Whey and moved to the Isolate which was better on my stomach, no issues there but the flavours and how easy it would mix was just terrible, it would be gritty/chalky, again, moving on to other brands and I'm yet to experience the same issue. There's a reason they've had multiple test results leaked on their Whey which showed the quality being far lower % wise in terms of protein advertised to what was actually in there. They used to be brilliant, but then they got swallowed up by a bigger company and quality went out the window in exchange for bigger profits.

Vegan Blend I couldn't vouch for, but that's a very niche product that not many people are using

Associate
I hate to sound like I'm dismissing your opinion but nah, Myprotein are just utter ****. I stopped using their Impact Whey and moved to the Isolate which was better on my stomach, no issues there but the flavours and how easy it would mix was just terrible, it would be gritty/chalky, again, moving on to other brands and I'm yet to experience the same issue. There's a reason they've had multiple test results leaked on their Whey which showed the quality being far lower % wise in terms of protein advertised to what was actually in there. They used to be brilliant, but then they got swallowed up by a bigger company and quality went out the window in exchange for bigger profits.

Vegan Blend I couldn't vouch for, but that's a very niche product that not many people are using

Vegan blend tastes like dirt.

Back
Top Bottom