Which Would You Buy?

Associate
Humour me here, I know I bounce between wanting a Daytona, or an old £2k hack, or a Street - but I think I've finally settled on the Street Triple.

Looking for some guidance and some advice, approaching Street Triple ownership with a budget of £4k-ish, that could be stretched for the right bike.

These are my options:

Black 2009 ST - £4250 - 5856 miles - FSH - 2 owners
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406114931120/sort/locasc/usedbikes/price-to/5000/model/street/make/triumph/radius/60/postcode/rg402az/page/1?logcode=p

Orange 2009 STR - £4799 - 1087 miles - FSH - 1 owner
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404303810687/sort/locasc/usedbikes/price-to/5000/model/street/make/triumph/postcode/rg402az/page/2/radius/60?logcode=p

No longer being considered:

Now sold:
Red 2010 ST - £4500 - 3985 miles - FSH - 2 owners
http://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,22809.0.html

Would value some opinions and input from the forum, cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
My friend had a 675 daytona is that yellow and whilst fairly unique compared to his now green ZX-10R I can't say I was a big fan.

They all look fairly similar on paper, it really comes down to what colour scheme suits you. Did anything change between the 09 and 11 model?

Associate
Nice choice :) I have a white 57 plate Street Triple, love it.

The 4100 with 3952 miles, for me - you could get it, service it, job done. Looks bog standard, so not faffed about with.

The yellow doesn't work for me, looks weird next to the gold forks. And the really shiny black one - it the engine casing scraped, or just dirty? The rest of the bike is ultra-shiny...

The red one is nice, uprated shock too, depends if you like the colour scheme.

Soldato
I'd go for either the Red one with the uprated shock or the Orange STR, imo the improved suspension on the STR is well worth the extra money. Of those two I'd probably pick the STR just cause the Orange is a really nice colour, mine is the Gloss/Blazing Orange rather than the Matt but both are nice imo.

Soldato
If you like the red one, mine is a 2010 model with screen, belly pan, radiator cowls, Arrows inc remap, manual cam chain tensioner (standard one is a weak point), new Angel GT tyres, tail tidy, Triumph LED indicators, new EBC HH brakes, just fully serviced with oil, filter, plugs, brake fluid, air filter and it's also got the speed triple throttle. I'd be willing to sell it for £4500 and I'd use the money towards buying a newer 2013 model Street Triple.

Forgot that it's also got those Pazzo style levers and an R&G radiator guard too.

Old pic
a827535f-6e61-478f-ad18-6f96de4df745_zps59a90e94.jpg

Newer pic with LED indicators, Arrows etc (took flyscreen off as I was testing what it was like on the motorway without it)
oul_zpsc6ee2fff.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd go for either the Red one with the uprated shock or the Orange STR, imo the improved suspension on the STR is well worth the extra money. Of those two I'd probably pick the STR just cause the Orange is a really nice colour, mine is the Gloss/Blazing Orange rather than the Matt but both are nice imo.

Either of these to be honest. The stock suspension isn't that great and it's not cheap to upgrade so well worth a previous owner taking this hit. The yellow is nasty IMO.

Associate
OP
Thanks all, I've decided to ditch the part SH one and the yellow one, because I'm not a fan of the colour I've decided. I was tempted as it was new, 1 owner and low miles, but realistically I'd rather a red or black one.

The two choices really are the black and the red one.

That orange STR is the wildcard, it's good because it's an R with low miles, but it's a lot more expensive and I'd have to see that orange colour in the flesh to decide.

Lastly, a small part of me is still whispering "Daytona", so we shall see.

Soldato
The STR rear shock isn't that great either, it's not that much of an upgrade. Same with the front forks, they are adjustable but still not amazing.

I'd recommend picking up a nitron sport or similar as a first upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom