Which X470 Motherboard???

Associate
Seems they are all slated on the user reviews. Some people 5/5 and many others 1/5 on the popular website.
I'm leaning towards the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon for a Ryzen 2700X build....

Any thoughts guys?

EDIT: No interest in serious overclocking. Machine will be a 64Gig memory media creation Premiere Pro machine with a odd bit of gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems they are all slated on the user reviews. Some people 5/5 and many others 1/5 on the popular website.
I'm leaning towards the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon for a Ryzen 2700X build....

Any thoughts guys?

EDIT: No interest in serious overclocking. Machine will be a 64Gig memory media creation Premiere Pro machine with a odd bit of gaming.

What is your overall budget for the system? If you are going AM4 you have a choice between B450 and X470. If you are spending more to get the X470 board, avoid the low end boards, like the Gigabyte Ultra Gaming/ASRock Master SLI/Asus Tuf etc. you are better off with a high end B450 otherwise you are paying for nothing other than the ability to use SLI/Crossfire. MSI is a decent board for the money especially the B450 variant at £119, the X470 version is about £40 more and you lose the Wi-Fi.

If your budget could stretch to it then consider a Threadripper build, boards are a lot more expensive, but you can get a 1900X for less than the 2700X, and the 12core/24thread 1920X comes in at about £370 presently. :)

Associate
OP
I could go up to £1200 or so. I already have drives and graphics card. I need CPU/MB, RAM (32G), case and PSU. Also need M.2 boot and applications drive of 1TB.

Back
Top Bottom