WHICH Z370 MOTHERBOARD ARE YOU CHOOSING AND WHY?

Associate
OP
I can't decide.

Asus Maximus Hero X

or

Gigabyte Aourus Gaming 7

I know everyone will say Hero and while hero probably is the better board the Gigabyte is no slouch either. Like the rgb lighting as well. I'll make a decision by monday

I like both but I really want the Asus formula. My 8700k isn't here till 1st of Nov which is when I hope the formula will be out!

Associate
OP
Gaming 7 has better audio, only ROG Zenith matches it- so maybe then might roll that out if they do Code/extreme version of the board - steam voucher helps :D
Asus bios does have slight edge for ease of use IMO

Thanks for the insight I hadn't picked up on the better sound on the gaming 7.

I've always wondered why people have a bad opinion of gigabyte boards. They seem to look great and have good stats but other peoples opinions of them have put me off buying one at the moment.

Associate
OP
I find Gigabyte bios just as easy as Asus. The last 2 gens I've been on Gigabyte and have use Asus as well. Asus is slightly better. You know I still don't know which one? Leaning more toward Gaming 7 mostly because of aesthetics it looks beautiful and I have to admit that £40 voucher can't hurt either lol

I was leaning that way too but i've just come across a post from 8pack saying hes doing a bundle for the asus apex 8pack mem and cooling which sounds tempting depending on the price.

Associate
OP
I can just see the price on that one. I would get the formula, have a feeling the price will be too silly. Gaming 7 looking better every time I look at it.

Yeh I can imagine it'll be a foul price.

I want the formula for an easy addition to my custom loop but if it isnt out early nov my patience wont last and ill end up buying something else (probably gaming 7 now)

Associate
OP
Asus ROG Maximus x Hero (Wi-Fi AC) should arrive with me tomorrow or so. It was a toss up between this and the Gaming 7 but I wanted onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth so the Hero won in the end.

the hero 9 mono blocks fits on the hero x aswell according to ekwb which is good news.

Back
Top Bottom