White Gold avaiable on iplayer

Associate
Really surprised to find no thread (did search honest guv)

White Gold is the story of a double-glazing showroom in Essex in the 80s, led by charismatic Vincent Swan alongside his unscrupulous sales team, Brian Fitzpatrick and Martin Lavender.

Was sceptical and yes it's rife with stereotypical characters but I love it, just hope they don't go the way of Inbetweeners and try and spin a movie out of it, episode 2 genuinely had me creased up and in tears.

Anyone else caught this?

Soldato
Funnily enough I discovered this in iplayer the other night and must admit I found it rather amusing. More so as I have met characters like that cardboard cutout Vincent Swan in my working life :)

Soldato
This is on Netflix. Didn't realise it was an old show. Have to say I though it was really good. Fitzpatrick is hilarious, lavender is a bit mhhh. Very much the characters you get in the inbetweeners..
Swan grew on me after a while but I found him quite repugnant by the end. Especially how the series ended.
I'm guessing since this is such an old thread there is no season 2?

Soldato
Shame... Not that you can judge someone you don't know. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who needs to use force to get women. You never know though I guess.

Associate
Started watching S1 the other day after seeing them on Sunday brunch talking about S2 starting. Had never heard of the show before but quite enjoying it. They really are just playing the same characters as their inbetweeners ones though :).

Soldato
So watched both seasons of this yesterday on a massive binge, it was ok, nowhere near as funny as Inbetweeners but ok, the music is ace though, I guess the 1st episode starting to Gloria by Laura Brannigan as one of my favourite 80s songs was a massive plus.

Back
Top Bottom