Who are the most underrated players?

Soldato
Originally posted by Cemetery
Slowly but surely you get toward proving the point, in the space of 4 hours he has gone from crap to ok, then considering how despite injuries he did make it into the England squad & when fit ranges from being a decent player to an influential one...hearing 'oh he's crap' suggests he is under rated ;)

ok so he is in between the crap - ok boundry :p

venables and hoddle used to pick him coz they love their spurs players, has sven ever picked him?

PAz

PAz

Soldato
thats not Arkadius Bak...thats his brother in the above team, a defender, good player

Arky Bak is crap, hes on free atm and no1 wants him. Really suprised when he was put in the WC squad.

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
ok so he is in between the crap - ok boundry :p

venables and hoddle used to pick him coz they love their spurs players, has sven ever picked him?

He was suggested for it, but just missed out on the WC. Hoddle wasn't Spurs manager when he picked him... & Sven persists in picking Owen & Heskey & even played Smith :eek:

Associate
Would any Spurs fans consider Stephen Clemence an underrated player? Thought i'd ask since you've just accepted our bid for him! :confused: . :).

Not convinced myself, enlighten me...?

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Originally posted by Swoosh
Wow, you really do know your stuff. Never realised there were two of 'em. I'll take your word for it then that his bro' is a better player. :).

hehe, you made a big mistake messing Olisadebe around tho :) he would have been a lot better then clinton morrison ;]

PAz

PAz

Soldato
regarding the Anderton issue...i used to rate him fairly highly in the days of nick barmby, geca popescu (sp), ille dumitrseco etc :p ... used to think hes was quality back then, not so impressed now tho =)

Associate
Don't get me going on Morrisson. :rolleyes: .

Olisadebe was out of order slating us though - the fact was he failed his medical. All parties agreed to keep this quiet so as not to jeopardise his career, then he went off saying we'd treated him badly.

A couple of days later his own agent came out and told the real story; we put him and his wife up in a 5 star hotel throughout their time in Brum, and acted professionally throughout.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
yeh he was - but he was injured at the time so its no suprised he failed :) he was over weight aswell...but hes slimmed down now and is scoring like anything, won his place back in the paninthinikos team as far as i know...

he is a bit of a gimp to be honest attitude wise when he doesnt get his way, i.e. in the world cup when we subbed him in the USA game he was moaning saying he was our best player, when he only had a couple of touches, one of them just happened to be a well taken goal :)

Soldato
Nikolas Dabizas- No, Hes average.

Vladimir Smicer- No he is Toilet, He is no good at all.

Steven Wright - He hasnt done anything yet

Ray Parlour- Well, he runs a lot..............and used to be Okay, but well, i suppose hes okay.

Shaka Hislop- No, he was good at newcastle not now, now hes rubbish, Ruud only ever kicks penalties to the bottom left hand corner of the net, and hislop went the wrong way TWICE Ruud even Walked for both of them! how great is that??! He's rubbish, he was rubbish at west ham, and hes rubbish now.

Bruno Cheyrou- Not Under rated, just not rate-able yet, hasnt played enough football to be either rated good or bad.

Gareth Barry- Hes okay, when he wants.

John Terry- Not under rated by anybody, he is a good defender.

Oleg Luhzny-No, Hes rubbish.

Gustavo Poyet- He isnt Under rated, everybody thinks he is fantastic.

Keith Gillespie
Michael Duberry
Mark Pembridge
Mark Draper
Michael Svensson
The 5 players above are...........players, Not good not bad, just players.

Winston Bogarde- I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAVE THIS MAN ON THIS LIST!!! he is RUBBISH!!!! he cant pass, cant run, cant trap a bag of cement, the fact he cant even do well in chelsea reserves must point you to what a con artist this player he is, he is on 40k a week and has done precisley NOTHING EVER. He is out till the end of the season with a knee injury or something, how he has managed that i dont know, perhaps he strained it carrying home his sack full of cash at the end of the month.
Truly if a player deserved to be mocked, derided and classed as a total waste of space, Its Winston Bogarde. Even Chelsea fans regard Winston Bogarde as a joke.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- Under rated? the Baby faced Assasin? by who? Everbody loves Ole, Regardless of what team they support, he is like Bergkamp, and to some extent Rio, in that, they are nice guys who just play football, who everybody likes. (apart from fanatical Badge kissers, but what do they matter?)

Not everybody can be a footballing genius, there are a few players who are really good, there are a lot of players who arnt, it stands to reason that a LOT of players are going to be neither REALLY good, or bad, just OK.
Its far easier to pick the ones whos footballing ability is a joy to watch players such as Henry, Van Nistelrooy etc etc, and for those whos hamfisted attempts at playing football are a joke to watch players such as El Hadji Diouf and shaun wright Phillips on Sunday for instance.

Soldato
My quick 0.02

Steven Wright - Liverpool got a helluva good price at £3m, he can pass a pall about as good as my Grandad after his two false knees have been removed

Oleg Luhnzy - Hes actually worse than Steven Wright and runs around in circles not knowing what to do or who to mark

Out of those mentioned the only one I agree with is Niemi the Southampton keeper, as he was outstanding in Scotland (and for Finland)

Also Mart Poom is an outstanding world class keeper and currently at our club but has been injured since we got him on loan.

Back
Top Bottom