Who else does this?

Soldato
Daily.

The problem is a lot of people on these forums either don't have a sense of humour or they can't see obvious, and definitely not see subtle, humour in the written word.

Also if taking a standpoint contrary to some of the more rabidly vocal members of the forums, I do feel it's not always worth getting into the argument. I start typing my reply then by the time I have had a quick read through it, I decide not to reply after all.

As the old saying goes

"never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

Man of Honour
I've done it on occasion when I realise that the argument isn't worth the candle so to speak or I think that I'm not making the point that I want to well enough. However I'll quite often come back to the topic later when I've thought it out in a coherent fashion.

Soldato
No so much anymore, but I used to. Stay in the technical forums and I find people have rather less delusions of grandeur. And it tends to be those that should know better that tend to be more irritating.

Soldato
Perhaps not in-depth responses, but I often write down a couple of paragraphs and then delete it without submitting. Mainly because one of the many objectionables on here has tweaked a nerve somewhere - so I spend a few minutes typing out a response, then realise it's just not worth the bother :D

Soldato
Ahahaha, funny thing you bring this up, thats me written all over :D, ive got better though over the past 2 years or so on here, getting more mature i supose, ive written dozens of posts, maybe a few threads that i thought ****!!!!!!, now i try and read through my posts quite a few times before hand, i still get caught out though sometimes :p

in lots of my posts ive looked like a complete ****, im rubbish at writing sentences and getting my point across, so it ends up looking like im a complete **** or im a bit of a pleb, and ive mentioned this before, people on forums judge you the way you write things, if you write a bad post, they think they know you inside out :D that gets on my nerves, But im learning :)

but see im up every single night really late, and my stupid and pathetic posts come when im very tired, its only in the morning i think, Oh dear Lord!

i also get frustrated about grammer nazi's, im not a good speller, im not good at english, i dont choose to not be good at it, i just am, i hate it when they quote me and make a remark thats uncalled for, its not nice, i normal reply to them and then regret it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So how many people are discarding replies to this thread? :p

Guilty here too. Mainly out of self moderation and a lack of need to stir things up quite so much.

Soldato
This is the reason why my post count is quite low given how long I've been using these forums.

I always just end up thinking : 'cba' or 'it's really not worth the effort'

Associate
All the time. Partly why I only have 700 posts in 5 and half years.

Usually I think; meh, i don't actually give a dam, and close before submitting reply.

Back
Top Bottom