Who has the best tariff, and how did you get it?

Associate
100min xnet & 500 text mesages, £14.99 per month from O2 Online - a discount of £10 per month after ringing their retentions dept this time last year, after I had already signed a contract with 3.

Not a lot to shout about really but I am happy with it, plus I don't think I can get away with asking for more as my average spend isn't a lot.

Looking at O2's website now, the same tariff (Online 100) has since been 'upgraded' to 150min xnet & 750 texts, but I am not sure that applies to existing accounts such as mine...

Last edited:
Soldato
Still on the same plan I've had since I first joined Orange......in 1994. :p

Think it's Talk60, which is 120mins a month for £17.50, tho I've gone for their loyalty renewal thingy so that knocks another 10% off the monthly charge.

Bill rarely tops £20. Have been asked to change tariffs half a dozen times, usually with offers of free texts etc, but as I don't text it's not really worth it. Will probably swap to PAYG once I'm out of contract again - upgrades cost so much now for low usage customers theres no real incentive to stay on a monthly contract.

Think my dad probably has the best plan - he's on Orange with the eq Virign tariff - not payg but no monthly charge. He sometimes racks up a mighty £1 a month in charges :)

Associate
O2 - from when they were called Genie

Wayyyy back when (had this about 5-6 years now... and still don't remember my mobile number!..)

10 quid a month.
50 mins after 7pm to any other Genie (now o2 / bt) lines (inc land lines)
Unlimited text messages

However, I've never had a phone from them (so I'm usually stuck with hand me downs)

Soldato
Chandler_90 said:
I'm trying to negotiate a contract at the mo..

Orange offer 650xnet Mins and 1100 Texts with Phone Insurance for £35ppm.
Vodaphone are offering 500xnet Mins and 500 Texts with Phone Insurance for £50ppm. But they are also offering stop the clock.

I get a free K800i with Orange but have to pay £30 with Vodaphone..
I'm already with Vodaphone.. and they say they can't do a better deal..

What do I do?

Chandler. My contract is due to end soon and am looking seriously at the k800i on orange. Would it be OK if you can tell me how i can get that kind of deal please, as i have trawled through the usual websites and not seen anything quite as good?

Thanks
:)
m

Man of Honour
Marmoset said:
Chandler. My contract is due to end soon and am looking seriously at the k800i on orange. Would it be OK if you can tell me how i can get that kind of deal please, as i have trawled through the usual websites and not seen anything quite as good?

Thanks
:)
m

www.orange.co.uk has that deal, (£30 a month web direct plan for 18 months + £5 a month insurance), however the K800i isn't available yet on Orange (expected some time this month)

Associate
atpbx said:
On the o2 site, buy the 500/500 online tariff and they give you 50% extra texts and minutes for life.

Theyre also doing the same tariff in the shop but with 150 texts.

Both 18 Month Contracts btw.

Associate
Morba said:
yes, so do friends of those people :D (depending on the network!)

hehe yeah that is very true, you get like 5 people or something right, i was chatting to t-mob shop salesman thats what he said -- now to find someone with it to give me mega discount on my flext tariff (maybe then ill get w&w)

or i might try and work in one of those shops nxt year ;)

jmp

jmp

Associate
rmuir said:
currently on - 200mins 500 texts ( poop i know )

o2 offered me 300mins 750 texts ( free k800 ) @ 30ppm
orange have offered 500mins 500 texts (free k800 ) @ 25ppm

Not sure which one im going for.

remember that orange do not include texts/mms in the allowance

Back
Top Bottom