Who here skips breakfast?

Soldato
Who on here skips what is commonly referred to as the most important meal of the day? I suspect a large proportion of this nation skips breakfast to clinch that extra few minutes in bed before work but....

I have been deliberating over this recently at work and I will be the first here to admit that I regularly miss breakfast and pick up a Tracker Bar when I get into work.

Recently though, I have gone on a bit of a health charge and have decided to re-introduce the forgotten meal to my diet. I have found that I do feel healthier because of it and actually have a much greater appetite when it comes to lunchtime than skipping breakfast and picking up a "quick n easy" snack.

Associated read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3092383.stm

Soldato
I do, have done so for years now, and I can say that I really feel the effects :(

Getting better, though. Started eating it at least once a week lately, and on those days I feel better. It's mostly a time thing, though. I don't really want to get up any earlier than I already do >.<

Soldato
OP
It's mostly a time thing, though. I don't really want to get up any earlier than I already do >.<

Yeah definately. It's a poor excuse and indeed its often the only excuse I have. For the sake of an extra 10 minutes in the morning, I really think its worth it. Definately feel healthier because of it.

I have a tasty bowl of Alpen as soon as I wake up. I'm addicted to the stuff. :)

Alpen (fruity version) with natural yoghurt and banana, nothing better.

Soldato
I skip it. I'm never really hungry on waking up, and indeed prefer the extra half-hour in bed...

Amanda Wynne of the British Dietetic Association told BBC News Online said:
Just because people who skip breakfast also have these adverse health behaviours, it doesn't mean that one leads to the other.

Indeed. The article suggests all kinds of things about breakfast-skippers, none of which I am, or do. Causality fail :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I rarely eat breakfast first thing because it makes me feel sick for most of the day. If it's a full English I'm fine, but anything sweet like cereal, fruit, yoghurt, porridge etc makes me feel bloated.

I've had to start though. I'm having to cycle for a part of my commute and I can't do the distance with no fuel to keep me going. I'm eating a tiny amount of cereal then start laying into my lunch at about 9:30-10am at work :D

Hopefully it'll get easier :(

Soldato
I rarely eat breakfast first thing because it makes me feel sick for most of the day. If it's a full English I'm fine, but anything sweet like cereal, fruit, yoghurt, porridge etc makes me feel bloated.

I've had to start though. I'm having to cycle for a part of my commute and I can't do the distance with no fuel to keep me going. I'm eating a tiny amount of cereal then start laying into my lunch at about 9:30-10am at work :D

Hopefully it'll get easier :(
How far's the ride? I could ride 8 miles to work on no breakfast, through centre of town and up a long slow hill.

I still would be doing it had some gitface not knocked me off the bike a couple of months ago, but that's more laziness and another story...

Soldato
It takes me an hour to wake up, wash, dress and leave the house anyway. I can't be doing with the time to eat breakfast as well. Plus, who is hungry first thing in the morning?

Back
Top Bottom