Who is going to use these NXE features?

Soldato
It seems weird that everyone I know thats currently been banned in the last 24 hours has installed the NXE. The people I know who have been banned in the last 24 hours are not idiots they have all used stealthed games and check the disc's before playing. Yet the NXE is installed and the console has been banned.

I know people who have been banned that are on the old dash.

The timing of the bans and the fact NXE is out soon is no coincidence, but it's happened like that with past ban waves before/just after major dash updates. To me it's a perfect time to do it (apart from anything, it will make even more of a guarantee that bannee's will go out and buy new 360s - $$$ and added sales for MS in time for Xmas).

Caporegime
Yep but it still doesn't alter the question, what can they now detect that they couldn't before?

There have been plenty from here banned in the last 24hours that no-one could call niave to this stuff and have escaped every previous ban.

Soldato
Yep but it still doesn't alter the question, what can they now detect that they couldn't before?

Chances are it's still the same set of basic criteria, you probably trigger certain flags by doing/playing certain things. I don't think you are guaranteed to be banned in a certain wave either, even if you have done the same things as another person. It's more a matter of time than anything, and MS just work through a list.

Nobody other than the team responsible at MS for security can answer the question though, so it's pointless trying to speculate.

Caporegime
OP
Interesting if true. I don't know anyone with a modded console and NXE so not certain. A lot of people gonna have to be buying new consoles over Xmas, if that is the case :D

rp2000

Soldato
Im over using the install feature filling my 120gb drive as expected :D. Yet to use party chat properly as I only have 1 other friend with the NXE currently. I also deleted a lot of those old arcade games off my list :p. Love how fast and fluid the NXE is.

Man of Honour
Seems the NXE had a sting in it's tail after all. No real suprise there. If I was a pirate i'd not have let that near my console til everyone had tested it.

So they can either detect the firmware/stealthed discs or are just banning the very early players. The danger is now if you even buy a new console it will just get banned again.

Half my friends list now says 'offline'

Kronologic and Alrik occasionally show up in my FL as "offline" and no details but I know for a fact neither use modded consoles and neither are banned, so I'm not sure if it's a great way to tell.

Soldato
Just got accepted to the NXE whilst on holiday and only got trying it now. Seems really good at the minute. Tons quicker to load icons and stuff than the last dashboard.

Haven't tried installing games yet due to the fact i only have 1.9Gb of space left.

Soldato
won't be using no.1 until i can afford a 120gb HDD, and when i do it'll be purely to prolong the life of the laser (as neither the noise, nor the load times really bother me)

i hate the idea of no.2 but will probably make one when i'm bored one day

and i'm looking forward to 1680x1050 but it'll take a while to adjust to now :(

Soldato
won't be using no.1 until i can afford a 120gb HDD, and when i do it'll be purely to prolong the life of the laser (as neither the noise, nor the load times really bother me)

i hate the idea of no.2 but will probably make one when i'm bored one day

and i'm looking forward to 1680x1050 but it'll take a while to adjust to now :(

No you wont :cool:

You have to make one to carry on :D

Associate
I will be installing games to HDD for 2 reasons one for quicker loading times abviously and second, installing the game to HDD means i will not be using my dvd drive all the time which will give extra life to dvd drive becasue after one year if you do get any problem with your dvd drive it can cost you upto region of £65.

Back
Top Bottom