Who says aio cooling is crap?

Associate
Currently using a id cooling frost flow 280 to cool my 8700k @ 5ghz 1.33v AVX Offset 0 will go higher but so do temps
ambient 22c. Idle 27
Prime temps non avx 60 - 65 C
Prime temps avx 65 - 74
Small ftts

Aio 240 (36 MM)and g12 kit from OCUK on a Evga 2080 RTX Black 2100 core 8000 mem

Idle 27C - 30C
100% load 40c crept up to 44C after a couple of hours gaming had to check afterburner loads of times to make sure i was not seeing things

Any one else using AIO to cool both?
What sort of temps are you getting?

Associate
OP
Quit impressed with these units what with the naysayers going on about full custom loops. Well already did that spend loads every up grade for what money down drain u never get much resale value out of them

Plus im getting better results with aio's at a quarter of the cost.

Only gripe is they could use a better coolant than they do but will fix that in the future thinking drill and tap a fill/bleed port

Associate
OP
Id cooling cheap but quality. Then u get things like that asus monstrosity. They want how much? Crack heads for sure.

Not sure who makes the frost flow but hat off to them they have made a product that just works right.

So glad i gave it a try look forward to thier future releases

Associate
OP
Lol what happened to me thread? Side tracked or what. The idea of the thread was to provide people with a rough temperature guide for those looking to use AIO’s.

Cooling is personal choice and no one should be bashed for their choice.

Me personally was about cost/cooling delta/fan noise.

160 quid out lay for good temps. And in an other 2 years i will refill both units via modding pretty easy to drill tap fill/drain ports on both. Looking at filling mayhems pastel or better.

I might even do it sooner if i get the time work commitments crazy at the moment.

Associate
OP
I have a phantek luxe case which has tons of space now the 2 rads pump with resevior and 9 fans have been stripped out I am going to give the Noctua air cooler a try I will be dropping down to 6 140mm fans (2 on cooler) if I could post a photo directly from my phone showing the state of my expensive GPU it would show my reasoning. I sometimes have my PC running over night or when I am out and after this I would be worried the PC could go up in flames with a bad leak from either a custom loop or a AIO it's freaked me out to be honest
Forgot to mention my 1080ti was on air prior me getting a water block

If u got contents insurance nothing to worry about. And theres really not enough material in a pc to have a decent fire.

Most premix are non conductive had a few leaks when first started loops lots of kitchen towl later all dry no problems

Back
Top Bottom