Who uses the Microsoft store.

Soldato
Hey Wiiija :)

Yeah, i used to try periodically to gag and cripple Cortana - weight her down with bricks and dump her in the nearest digital abyss. Trouble is the bitch comes back with each new feature build/update (unless this has changed recently?) :/

I've slowly become immune and delete what i can - i occasionally get out my sadistic Windows 10 emancipating tools...

Soldato
I’ve currently got a game pass so I can play Forza 4 and Gears of War 4 so I’ve had to use the store. I’m not a big fan of the store and Forza has now started crashing regularly so my game pass may be short lived!

Soldato
Hey Wiiija :)

Yeah, i used to try periodically to gag and cripple Cortana - weight her down with bricks and dump her in the nearest digital abyss. Trouble is the bitch comes back with each new feature build/update (unless this has changed recently?) :/

I've slowly become immune and delete what i can - i occasionally get out my sadistic Windows 10 emancipating tools...

You can completely disable cortana and remove all other bloatware and it won't come back. I really don't know why people don't know this.

WRT to the store, it was recently announced that there was a known bug which was affecting speeds which has been patched.

Soldato
You can completely disable cortana and remove all other bloatware and it won't come back. I really don't know why people don't know this.
I have and assume people do who Google - although it is still asked a lot.

I was making a light of the Windows Creator Update that totally reset my system - Cortana etc included - just didn't mention it specifically (should have). But, i had found 'feature build updates' problematic in the past. Obviously, not 'normal' regular updates. I've not had a problem since Creator...

*Reading back i probably should have made that clearer in original post... (Hadn't realised it's been nearly 2 years since that Creator debacle. It disabled 1 of my laptops and caused numerous threads with GFX issues/black screens - bonkers...)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

WRT to the store, it was recently announced that there was a known bug which was affecting speeds which has been patched.

We’re is this patch ???? I’ve just installed a clean install of 1809 and this is crazy .

Back
Top Bottom