Poll: who will replace "Nico the Brave" @ Mercedes, Poll Added

who will replace "Nico the Brave" @ Mercedes?

• Fernando Alonso

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 82 50.3%
  • Jenson Button

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Nico Hulkenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Esteban Ocon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Carlos Sainz

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Pascal Wehrlein

Votes: 34 20.9%
  • Other / Pancake

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Pastor Maldonado

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
A lot of the media are much frostier towards Hamilton after his various antics this year.

No they are not actually. Lewis is one of the best drivers in F1 and a great ambassador of the sport. He's a consummate professional and a winner. You can not deny this. He's done nothing to disgrace the sport.

Soldato
So if Bottas does officially get the seat, what is the general feeling about him winning the championship? Clearly Bottas is a great driver. Does he have that extra special thing to really threaten Lewis?

Soldato
man read the article properly :confused::confused:

I did. But it's not his decision to decide who's best for the team. The team will decide who they think is good for them. If he really didn't care about who is he driving against then he wouldn't say anything.

He clearly has an anti Hamilton agenda. Hence he posts fabrications trying to place Hamilton in a bad light, but what he doesn't realise is that we all can see through it.

Hahaha. True I'm no Hamilton fan but I think I'm fairly objective. Ie I never said Rosberg is/ was better driver. I don't wear rose tinted fan glasses and see things for what they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hahaha. True I'm no Hamilton fan but I think I'm fairly objective. Ie I never said Rosberg is/ was better driver. I don't wear rose tinted fan glasses and see things for what they are.

Why start your retort with 'Hahaha' ? What are you like 12 or something? You say you see things the way they are and don't wear rose tinted glasses and yet still manage to come to a completely inaccurate opinion regarding the facts. Sorry kid but you are wrong and the evidence bears this out. :rolleyes:

Again.

“They can put any driver they want – bring Sebastian [Vettel], Fernando [Alonso], bring whoever you really want. I drove against Fernando in my first year [at McLaren in 2007] and beat him, so that’s not a worry for me. I am happy to drive against any of them. But in terms of what is best for the team, probably not the best ideas.”

Last edited:
Soldato
As I said if he really wasn't bothered who his team mate might be, then he wouldn't say it shouldn't be any of the top drivers.
It's for the team to decide what is best for the team, not him.

Last edited:
Soldato
As I said if he really wasn't bothered who his team mate might be, then he wouldn't say it shouldn't be any of the top drivers.
It's for team to decide what is best for the team, not him.

Are you deliberately denying a quote from your own link earlier?

I drove against Fernando in my first year [at McLaren in 2007] and beat him, so that’s not a worry for me. I am happy to drive against any of them. But in terms of what is best for the team, probably not the best ideas.”

What is wrong with you? Can you not see the error of your ways? Ridiculous!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
I explained my view twice. Try think about it. If he wasn't worried by having to drive against a top driver he wouldn't say they shouldn't get one.

Argument from ignorance. A common fallacy on these forums.

He didn't say as you stated that they shouldn't get a top driver what he did say is this, and quoted from your own link for the THIRD time, unbelievable that you persist with this lie but anyway...

I drove against Fernando in my first year [at McLaren in 2007] and beat him, so that’s not a worry for me. I am happy to drive against any of them. But in terms of what is best for the team, probably not the best ideas.”

Can you see now your fallacy? Can you see your ineptitude? Can you see now that you are wrong? Because if you say no to any of these questions then you have been shown to be a liar!

Soldato
Why start your retort with 'Hahaha' ? What are you like 12 or something?

What is wrong with you? Can you not see the error of your ways? Ridiculous!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Btw so grown up this. You must be at least 10.

Again read between the lines. Hamilton shown several times he doesn't care about the team and went as far as suggesting they're against him. Now he talks about what's good for the team. Go figure.

Fyi I can be wrong in my opinion but that doesn't make me a liar.

Caporegime
He's literally saying what is best FOR THE TEAM, is maybe not a genuine competitor, not what is best for him, but what is best for the team.

Hamilton has been nothing but fair in his driving against Alonso, Button and Rosberg. The same can't be said for two of them, even the Canada crash between Hamilton and Button, Button took full responsibility for, though it wasn't at all a deliberate act like Rosberg/Alonso have done.

Hamilton didn't hold someone up in the garage, he didn't make a huge deal in a race and swing over to the race wall while demanding on the radio he be let by his competition, he didn't hit any of his team mates(or anyone else) deliberately.

Hamilton is a fair competitor, not all top drivers are fair competitors. All the problems within the team were created solely by Rosberg's actions and as such the team would have less problems without someone who might start doing naughty things if they aren't winning.

Hamilton has since day one in F1 been happy to drive against anyone. Many many drivers make a stink and tell their teams to not sign say former F1 champs, Hamilton had zero issue with Button being signed. He's never had no.1 status, there has never been a single hint of no.1 status at any stage of his F1 career, Heikki even competed with him a couple times but in general had no where near the pace to be anything but no.2 by default, not contractually.

Hamilton is honestly one of the few drivers in history who has been this fair and never cared who he raced against so making the accusation is utterly stupid.

Soldato
No they are not actually. Lewis is one of the best drivers in F1 and a great ambassador of the sport. He's a consummate professional and a winner. You can not deny this. He's done nothing to disgrace the sport.

I didn't say anything about his qualities as a driver or performances on the track. I was talking about his reaction to and engagement with the media during this season. His relationship with the media hit a low point during the Japanese Grand Prix and Snapchatgate, and a large number of the media have been more critical of him since.

Soldato
I didn't say anything about his qualities as a driver or performances on the track. I was talking about his reaction to and engagement with the media during this season. His relationship with the media hit a low point during the Japanese Grand Prix and Snapchatgate, and a large number of the media have been more critical of him since.

Well said. ;)

Back
Top Bottom