• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's ditching 1080 for 2080? (11 series ) ?

Caporegime
OP
For forum signature e-peen don't you know. You should be thankful for these types, they end up selling their perfectly fine, high spec cards for lower values, just to have their forum signature edited and be on the "roll of honour", so that the likes of you and I can come along and get a good upgrade for cheap :) It's a win for us. Let them take Nvidias length in one go.
;)

Soldato
Tempted to go for the next series top end Ti card, 2080Ti?

Never had one, always gone for the x80. 580, 780, 980, 1080.. but might put the extra pennies in.

Well the 580 was the Titan of its time; the full unlocked Fermi GF110 core. The rest of the line up was cut down; GK110 (cut down), GM204, GP104. So in a sense you have had the Ti before.

I'd go for Ti if I were you; as they have decent life in them if the price is right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted to go for the next series top end Ti card, 2080Ti?

Never had one, always gone for the x80. 580, 780, 980, 1080.. but might put the extra pennies in.
i have been steadily going up the range since the cards switched from the GTX at the end to the front of the name.

I went GTX 560, GTX 670, GTX 980 and i am now looking at GTX1080Ti.... unless i can stay strong and go for the next gen card... which given how tardy NV are being is looking less than likely.

Soldato
Yep, wish I’d gone 980tis, now I’m down to one I’d have had a bit more grunt, may have even skipped 11 series.

Ti for me next time.

I had the 980 briefly, and also a dead Titan X, and then snapped two 980Ti's the day the dropped. Sold one before the 1080 dropped and still using the 980Ti I got from launch day.
Next upgrade is a top end Titan or Ti again; depends on how desperate I am for that performance bump. ;)

i have been steadily going up the range since the cards switched from the GTX at the end to the front of the name.

I went GTX 560, GTX 670, GTX 980 and i am now looking at GTX1080Ti.... unless i can stay strong and go for the next gen card... which given how tardy NV are being is looking less than likely.

Well there's a next gen card out there right now, that when overclocked slightly edges SLI Titan X Pascals in 4K Farcry 5, the price however.

Soldato
Well there's a next gen card out there right now, that when overclocked slightly edges SLI Titan X Pascals in 4K Farcry 5, the price however.

are you talking about the volta titan @ $3k? if so its too rich for me. i already have 1 kidney put aside for the next oculus rift CV2 when it eventually launches, and i need my other one for processing beer ;)

Soldato
are you talking about the volta titan @ $3k? if so its too rich for me. i already have 1 kidney put aside for the next oculus rift CV2 when it eventually launches, and i need my other one for processing beer ;)

Sounds like a plan!
I bit the bullet; but my goodness is Digital River slow at processing orders. They're in Ireland though so to be expected :p

Soldato
Already sold my 1080Ti FE on eBay, my 980Ti does me good enough for what I'm playing.. Pointless having a card sitting there doing nothing too. Someone got a decent deal since it was an RMA return, so hardly used.

Waiting to see what the next Ti is like :)

Back
Top Bottom