Whos gone from a Quest 1 to Quest 2 ?

Underboss
OP
i hope the quest 2 isn't going to give me problems lol

when i had the Quest 1, i wear glasses, and there was a noticeable gap between my lens and the VR lenses as i put my finger in between to see how much of a gap i had

i put the IPD on the lowest setting because i didn't get the black rings, i found either high or low IPD stayed in focus, but more immerse with a lower setting

i shall try it again with the Quest 2, but i'm going to put a spacer in this time as i was hesitant about scratching the lenses in the Quest 1 , so i didn't have the quest fully commutable
as i didn't have a spacer

Associate
I do wear glasses. I did the checks on reddit and it does not appear I am having the same issues reported.

I think the biggest issue for me is the size of the Quest 2. Maybe I have a fat head!, the hmd is so small I can see the arc black borders to the sides without much of an effort and that makes it feel like I am looking through binoculars. Yes I agree the text is a lot clearer than the Rift-S but the binocular view just ruins it for me.
I have this problem too. I can also see the edge of the panel, so my view ends in a rectangular black line at the far left and right. I think my IPD is pretty close to 68, so I'm surprised it works so poorly. The glasses spacer solved that problem in a way. It makes the field of view smaller (more like binoculars) but the edges are round, which seems less noticeable.

I do like the headset though. My only other gripe is that dark scenes are very washed out, but it only seems noticeable if the whole scene is dark. As long as there's a bit of light and shade it looks fantastic.

Associate
Do you use the Glasses spacer? I know this seems counter intuitive, but, for position 3 if you move further away from the lenses it reduces the binocular effect.

I have this problem too. I can also see the edge of the panel, so my view ends in a rectangular black line at the far left and right. I think my IPD is pretty close to 68, so I'm surprised it works so poorly. The glasses spacer solved that problem in a way. It makes the field of view smaller (more like binoculars) but the edges are round, which seems less noticeable.

I do like the headset though. My only other gripe is that dark scenes are very washed out, but it only seems noticeable if the whole scene is dark. As long as there's a bit of light and shade it looks fantastic.

Indeed the spacer reduces the issue but my brain fails to accept the binoculars effect as a price worth paying for an upgrade.

My Quest is still stuck on v21, everyone got the V23 update yet?

Soldato
Not had either the headset or Oculus client updates yet. I'm getting impatient to test out these new improvements - I want to compare with my Index.

Soldato
Not had either the headset or Oculus client updates yet. I'm getting impatient to test out these new improvements - I want to compare with my Index.

I actually bought an Oculus Link cable today because I was sure when I came home from work that my Quest 2 would be updated!!

And just a note about the Official link cable. Shame they didn't make the cable for the other headsets the same way. It's very light.

Back
Top Bottom