• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's swapped from 3000 series to 6000 series and vise versa

Associate
Nah, more likely you're just CPU-bound because nothing is really "strong enough" for that game due to the amount of drawcalls in some scenes which bring the fps to the ground as DX11 is too poor for that. So long as you keep shaders setting nowhere above 'medium' you should be pretty good though.
I did think that, so I upgraded my cpu as well, from a 3800xt to a 5800x. Didn’t make a difference. Since updating the game though with my new hardware I can run the game on ultra everything (except for shadows which is set to high) and max our draw distances at 1440p and solid 60 including Rattay. So quite pleased, but, I do feel like I need to upgrade to a 3090 so I think I will be doing that in 2/3 months.

Soldato
I did think that, so I upgraded my cpu as well, from a 3800xt to a 5800x. Didn’t make a difference. Since updating the game though with my new hardware I can run the game on ultra everything (except for shadows which is set to high) and max our draw distances at 1440p and solid 60 including Rattay. So quite pleased, but, I do feel like I need to upgrade to a 3090 so I think I will be doing that in 2/3 months.
Right, that's what I mean, it's an API issue more than a CPU one simply because no CPU will be actually strong enough to overcome those limitations from the software side, though RAM also plays a huge factor. Trust me tho, put shaders to medium, it makes no visual difference & performance gains will be huge.

Soldato
OP
I did have a 3090fe briefly. It was hotter and louder than my 6800xt and no faster in the games I play. I opted to keep the 6800xt and sold the 3090 on for what I paid. I do feel like I massively over paid for the 6800XT so I'll probably keep it forever ha

Associate
Me I tried moving from a 3070 to a 6800 XT, but moved back to Nvidia and an RTX 3080. It cost more but I do like the DLSS and RT tech. Both great cards though.

Back
Top Bottom