Whos used online estate agents? Good/bad news?

Man of Honour
Just seems weird that you have to make yourself scarce while the agent comes round to conduct the viewing, different if the house was empty already but not when you are still living in it.
I didn't have to, my mrs and I just felt uncomfortable being in the house when the Yopa guy is showing someone around.

Soldato
OP
Selling my mother-in-laws flat via Purple Bricks and their conveyancing is managed by some call centre type firm.

They’re a bit rubbish and I’m having to chase them every couple of days to push things along. No sense of urgency at all and we wouldn’t use them again.

The viewings my MIL and myself managed between us without a problem. It’s not a big deal and I guess that’s where we saved the money.

Saying that though, all the solicitors are snowed under at the moment so perhaps I should give them a little slack.

Why did you use their conveyancing? Even my local purplebricks rep had the kindness to tell me not to use advanced conveyancing :cry: (I used PB then a local conveyancer). I think advanced conveyancing are meant to be pretty bad, but the agents get 50quid or so referal fee for them.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Why did you use their conveyancing? Even my local purplebricks rep had the kindness to tell me not to use advanced conveyancing :cry: (I used PB then a local conveyancer). I think advanced conveyancing are meant to be pretty bad, but the agents get 50quid or so referal fee for them.

Unfortunately our PB rep did not share that good advice. :(

Caporegime
Bringing this back up I’m considering selling my BTL flat and had a call of Yopa after I filled in online valuation request, they who will value next week. I’m not near the flat at the best of times so don’t want them to rely on me being there for viewings etc either

any other thoughts on Yopa? Thanks chrisD for insight. I guess the fee saving looks ok on paper but it’s not as big when you look at CGT impact and if they don’t get you a good price it’s not really a saving.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. My local agent is a liar and their customer service team aren’t much better, even though I had lots of evidence contradicting his fiction. Almost a year after my complaint they ring me up and apologise for not sending me the money they said they would.

Soldato
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. My local agent is a liar and their customer service team aren’t much better, even though I had lots of evidence contradicting his fiction. Almost a year after my complaint they ring me up and apologise for not sending me the money they said they would.

How did this end up?

Spam bot has raised this thread from the dead

Back
Top Bottom