• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Those leaked benchmarks look very dodgy.

I think the 3090 will be about 20% faster than a 3080 @2160p.

Yeap, indeed, doubt Nvidia would release unless 20% faster.

I'll be getting a 3090FE. If no stock, a Asus Strix 3090 pre-order from OCUK will be in order. Don't like the look of the rest of the cards.

Associate
MSI Trio if available. Hoping for 20%+ at 4k as any less than that doesn't really leave much of a gap for a 3080ti/Super to fit in later.

Associate
I am gonna try for a 3090 FE from Nvidia and either the Gigabyte AORUS or the ASUS Strix from OCuk depending on what happens this week. Gaming at 5120x1440 means every % counts.

Caporegime
I’m not sure I want the 3090 fe since the 3080 all seem to be power limited, the 3090 is going to need every watt it can geg but is still limited to the same power as the 3080 so I think I might spend another £100 and get the cheapest board with three 8 pin connectors.

it may well be those results are for the 3090 fe and it’s just not boosting to the same level as the 3080?

Associate
The 20% is the theoretical max it can have from the specs. The increase isn't linear, so it is always going to be below. That presumes they are clocked the same.
But it is very possible, due to power limits, (seeing the 3080's being almost maxed out the box) that the 3090 doesn't maintain or can't reach the same clock without 500w+.

I am a 2080ti user and am holding out for the reviews. But I do fear that the 10% could be correct.

Associate
Was thinking of getting 3090, but now seeing it has not even 10%, but more like UP to 10% better performance than 3080 somehow gets me off, in other hand its hard to believe its only like 7-10% gain, as obviously higher end 3080 AIB CARDS will get like at least 5% performance gain against FE edition, so something for sure is not right there... lets wait for more reviews :S

Soldato
The 20% is the theoretical max it can have from the specs. The increase isn't linear, so it is always going to be below. That presumes they are clocked the same.
But it is very possible, due to power limits, (seeing the 3080's being almost maxed out the box) that the 3090 doesn't maintain or can't reach the same clock without 500w+.

I am a 2080ti user and am holding out for the reviews. But I do fear that the 10% could be correct.

I did think it odd that Nvidia didn't talk more about the 3090 in Jensen's announcement video. Perhaps they are guarding the true performance numbers so AMD have less to work on... Perhaps some driver unlock will give more performance.

I'd expect 20% at least with the increased cores, memory bus, and beefier cooler allowing more power draw.

Associate
I was primed and ready to order a 3090 but after the leaked 10% its a rather poor show from NV especially with their msrp. No doubt gouging will occur so looking at £1600+ on day 1 at least. I hold no hope of getting a FE after the 3080 debacle so will wait for reviews to land. Having switched to a 4k 120 setup and seeing the 3080's oc ability only leads to minimal improvement- if any, i really was holding out for a decent jump up on the 3090. Having sold my 2080ti for £950 a month ago I have the funds waiting. It'll just be a matter of is it in stock and is it worth it now :)

Associate
I hope ocuk get the GEFORCE RTX 3090 ICX3 in stock at the right price.
Hoping for some official info from Gibbo tomorrow. So much speculation on stock and where people sit on the order queue on these forums its the least people deserve. I'm sure any prospective 3090 buyer won't want to be sucked into the same scenarios we have seen this week and have £1500 sat with OC and no idea when you'll see your card. a lot of other retailers have stopped taking preorders now due to the uncertainty of stock. I see OC have continued to take orders which is the perogative as a business and have gouged prices inline with their competitors. This always happens when stock is so short. Why Nvidia have sent out thousands of cards to reviewers is beyond me. Everyone saying the same thing, YT is literally awash with the same videos and benchmarks from all regions all drawing the same conclusions! But saying that, the bots would have nabbed even more had they been available. An interesting week where preordering a PS5 and Quest 2 has been pretty straight forward. The 3090 will sell but i can see the 3070 melting websites even more than we have seen this week. Roll on next week for the next turn in this saga to continue.

Associate
I thought the 3090 was largely supposed to be a production style card aimed at video rendering and that rather than gaming? Might be why these benchmarks aren't as impressive as people were hoping

Associate
If it was really meant for production, why not give it a titan name, rather than making a new tier in the gaming lineup and calling it a 3090

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom