• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Good News

The MSRP price and bespoke requirements (size etc..) means there won't be anywhere near the level of frenzy like we saw last week, IMO.

The Bad News

The more I find out about it, the less desirable it is to me :p

Soldato

LOL OCUK can keep them... Other places are selling them a lot cheaper and even have preorder prices now to order them.

OCUK has lost the plot .. done funding this stupidity. The retailers are the scalpers in disguise and wouldn't surprise me some of the ones on ebay are retailer ones that never made it into the hands of customers.

Sorry no more ...

Soldato
Hypothetical right now: If price was irrelevant.

The 3080 20gb will release later. And that beats the 3080 10gb. Puts it much closer to the 3090 at a better price point.

But there no telling when that will act come out.

Whilst if the 3080 cards still don't have NVLink well then longterm the 3090 still performs better. Even if NVLink gains are minor.

Even better an OC'd 3090 on launch.

Just from a pure performance perspective is my thinking sound there?

NVLink/SLI is dead, did you not hear what NVIDIA said other day no more SLI driver support, developers will have to add it to their applications or games if they want to, which will never happen.

So basically a 3090 is nothing more than a 3080 now and a useless NVLink that has no support from NVIDIA in drivers.

Caporegime
Is there an expectation for legitimate 3090 benchmarks though?

Trying to dive into my research here, but getting put on spin cycle.

Surely at double the cost Nvidia cant validate a 5 FPS gain on avg... thats nuts

They can, I mean look at their doginess with the benchmarks on Doom Eternal plus never comparing it to a 2080ti running a pretty common boost. Now those resuklts are out and a typical boosted 3080 is only 10-20% faster than a typical 2080ti its hardly the halo product as advertised expect for its pricing. But now prices are creeping up every day, that takes the shine off that.

Caporegime
Hypothetical right now: If price was irrelevant.

The 3080 20gb will release later. And that beats the 3080 10gb. Puts it much closer to the 3090 at a better price point.

But there no telling when that will act come out.

Whilst if the 3080 cards still don't have NVLink well then longterm the 3090 still performs better. Even if NVLink gains are minor.

Even better an OC'd 3090 on launch.

Just from a pure performance perspective is my thinking sound there?

My biggest worry though is the one leaked set of gaming benchmarks only has the 3090 boosting to low 1700s vs 1950 on the 3080. If that is all the FE does fdue to power limits, I hope the AIb boards can boost to 1950. If not then for gaming you might find a silicon lottery 3080 beating some 3090s.

Caporegime
LOL OCUK can keep them... Other places are selling them a lot cheaper and even have preorder prices now to order them.

OCUK has lost the plot .. done funding this stupidity. The retailers are the scalpers in disguise and wouldn't surprise me some of the ones on ebay are retailer ones that never made it into the hands of customers.

Sorry no more ...

Sadly though, just like the 3080 launch, you will find those other sites will only have a handful of cards and if you dont get lucky then you might find your preorder at MSRP isnt coming until the end of November.

Associate

Sorry no more ...

Well said. I will look elsewhere too, rather than pay these inflated prices. Even if it means waiting couple of months longer.

Caporegime
Well said. I will look elsewhere too, rather than pay these inflated prices. Even if it means waiting couple of months longer.

Which was my point and alwasy has been the case with OCUk. If you want to buy somewhere with stock, then its OCUK if you didnt get lucky in first few minutes elsewhere or wait it out until Christmas.

Associate
Which was my point and alwasy has been the case with OCUk. If you want to buy somewhere with stock, then its OCUK if you didnt get lucky in first few minutes elsewhere or wait it out until Christmas.
We'll see on Thursday. Hopefully they will have enough stock and start reducing some prices. Otherwise as you said, best to wait until this mad rush ends.

Soldato

Sorry no more ...

+1

Caporegime
Well Gibbo has posted that the few brands he has got 3090 stock off are all single figure quantities so I reckon 6 of us will get lucky, the rest will be pre order.

Soldato
Well Gibbo has posted that the few brands he has got 3090 stock off are all single figure quantities so I reckon 6 of us will get lucky, the rest will be pre order.
Hi mate, where was that post or am I being blind?

Also are there speeds for the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC Edition yet?

Associate
Hi mate, where was that post or am I being blind?

Also are there speeds for the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC Edition yet?

This one is where Gibbo talked about 3090 stock levels. My read of it is he means that they have single digit numbers of several different makes, so I'd guess at 20-30 total

Yea all ok pre order and to be honest the ones in stock are single digits so pre order is best option as prevents anyone ordering something showing in stock but the website not updating in time and turning out they missed out. Whereas pre order is assume no stock but then get pleasant surprise of a shipping notification and they will be lucky people as suspect there will be 100’s If not 1000’s of people attempting to order in first few minute.

Were implementing more precautions and locking down our site more to try and ensure things run a bit better but with these levels of demand it’s hard work as even some of the more advanced sites still went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom