whose had a stripped out caged car for the road?

Soldato
Whats you opinion after having one and did the novelty wear off and become irritating?

I'm looking to replace my old golf and am deciding between nice and comfortable (which mine isn't) or stripped and caged. The old car was modded with all sorts to make it corner better. There was no real point in that car having an interior tbh so I won't miss that and ive got a sensible golf for that.

The second car is mainly for me if she's gone out and I need a car and if I just fancy taking it out for a hoon

Soldato
been there done that.

ran a stripped out RST as a daily, with a full cage its not the most practical of things, if fully stripped you'll get a LOT more cabin noise the cage gets in the way passengers are a no no, people will think your mad

that was 12 years ago though and i loved it, now i'm the wrong side of 30 no thanks, give me heated leather and silence every time

Soldato
OP
Lol I'm on the verge of thirty, we have the normal mk4 golf for quiet comfortable and heated leather, I'm wondering how much ill regret getting a track car for the road. Ill find out if its got a heater first

Man of Honour
I didn't find seats and a roll cage problematic. Harnesses however, are very tedious for road use unless you get inertia reel ones.

I've had with and without carpets/door trims etc. No way would I forsake either, and I'll put up with almost anything, so think about it long and hard.

Heater is essential for road use.

Soldato
DO IT. if you have a mk4 i'd guess your a dubber :)

stripped caged mk2 with a vr6 upfront, even the thought of it give me wood :)

Back
Top Bottom