• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

why always 60fps?

Soldato
I wondered over the years why I never got over 60. Everything played well and looked good so I just got on with it.

On a side note I do still get the occasional bit of tearing with some games.
Depndant on what driver you have for that AMD chip, if you go into the Radeon Drivers, and clock GAMING > GRAPHICS and then see if you can enable Radeon Enhanced Sync then DISPLAY and see if you can enable Radeon Freesync, both will help with any possible screen tearing effects you may encounter, always worth a try and work like a charm on my rig when I disable actual true VSYNC. Enjoy your games matey. Weirdly I've got the latest DOOM and havne't really got aroudn to playing, it's an incredibly well optimsed game for PC, probably the best, what's it like to play?

That was easy fix! 120hz is so much nicer to use on the desktop let alone games, so much smoother.

Seriously, I'm only at 100hz and it's like night and day even scrolling pages and moving windows around, I never really understood screen refresh rates when I was younger, I thought 60fps was the pinnacle and that was that, how wrong I was.

Associate
Seriously, I'm only at 100hz and it's like night and day even scrolling pages and moving windows around, I never really understood screen refresh rates when I was younger, I thought 60fps was the pinnacle and that was that, how wrong I was.

I was sceptical until I bought an AOC G-sync model, couldn't go back now. What spurred the purchase on was Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It ran great without v-sync but suffered horrific tearing, v-sync on caused nasty lag and stuttering. Between the high refresh rate and G-sync the improvement was astounding.

Soldato
Some games are naturally bugged anyway. AC for instance locks me at 60 with vsync enabled, with it off I'm finding freesync not really doing anything. With it on or off fps should not be locked.

Associate
Some games are naturally bugged anyway. AC for instance locks me at 60 with vsync enabled, with it off I'm finding freesync not really doing anything. With it on or off fps should not be locked.
Sounds like freesync isn't working, do you use multiple monitors by any chance?
Freesync doesn't work for me unless I disable secondary monitors.
Vsync shouldn't be necessary with freesync.

Soldato
Sounds like freesync isn't working, do you use multiple monitors by any chance?
Freesync doesn't work for me unless I disable secondary monitors.
Vsync shouldn't be necessary with freesync.
Just one monitor, vsync only works above the refresh rate, irrelevant if it is on or off. Shouldn't lock to 60 with this particular game, I put it on because with vsync off it becomes a juddery mess, but is the only way for higher frame rates. That is why I do not think freesync is even working with vsync off, ****** port I'm guessing.

Back
Top Bottom