Why do people 'crack' their knuckles?

Soldato
I do it because sometimes you can just feel the joint needs popping. Depending on what I'm doing, they start doing it themselves softly anyway, so I then just do them to stop it irritating me.

I can do my knuckles both ways and the large joints in my fingers. The equivalent joints will also go in my feet - so the toes and then inside the foot. My neck used to go but stopped when I started going to the gym, but I still have 5-6 vertebra in my back that go every morning.

Man of Honour
Well I've been cracking my knuckles for over twenty years and my grip is silly strong! At one point I was shrugging 350 kilos and doing 400 kilo seated rows whilst cracking my knuckles daily.

Ah but if you hadn't you could have been gripping 700kg+. ;)

I crack my knuckles from time to time, it's usually not even something I'm consciously trying to do but it feels like there's something not quite right and once they've been cracked it's all ok again. However the more unpleasant one, at least for other people, is that my neck cracks every so often - it doesn't hurt in the least but does tend to feel better once it's done.

Soldato
Errrr I have decided I officially hate people doing this, goes right through me! Horrible sound. Just doesnt sound natural at all.

Especially when all 10 knuckles are clicking in one go.

Yuk

Associate
Cracking my neck in the morning in amazing!!!

Other things I crack are; fingers, wrist, chest (happened by accident one day when stretching), knees and ankles... Anything else is random.

Soldato
Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

Soldato
i do it as things just feel a bit stiff, kind of annoying when people complain.. as i dont think its that annoying to hear, more annoying than that is you complaining about something so trivial..

i crack my neck, knuckles, right knee, left ankle, right wrist and once my jaw which felt so bad, done by mistake

Back
Top Bottom