Why do some avoid the doctors?

Caporegime
I've got a member of a family who isn't well, shivers,coughs keeps falling asleep during the day(very tired) and generally sounds terrible on the phone. She recently got hit by the norovirus as did i, but unlike me she got hit by a second virus. Now i've asked her to go to the doctors but she wont, i've told her she needs to go but she won't. "Just keeps saying, It's just a virus it's not my chest they won't do anything for me". "Just leave it, it's not worth going".

It seems to be a problem on her female side as her sister is like that aswell, i said to her that "you are just like your sister". "You would be collapsed on the floor and you still wouldn't go". All i got was " well she had cancer that's a bit different ". Which is not what i meant :rolleyes:

I know the rules regarding medical advice, but has anyone got a family member like that?

Caporegime
OP
Some people have had a **** doctor. Some people are responsible enough to know that for every little sniggle it's not worth going in.

Very true, however i think it's my fear of what happened to her many years ago because of her stubborn attitude. She ended up in hospital with Pneumonia and she said exactly the same thing then

Caporegime
OP
Spoke to her again this morning, sounds terrible... Coughing, very weak voice she said she didn't feel to good. Went to get her nails done, can get her nails done but not visit the doctors :rolleyes:. Apparantly she had a coughing fit and felt unwell in the nail place and had to leave. A grown lady sounding like some frail 90year old pensioner!

It's been over a week now and she doesn't seem to be getting better at all

Caporegime
OP
Well it's now on her chest and she needs antibiotics, she's finding it difficult to breath. Now she's made an appointment with the doctors! :rolleyes:

" I told you so!, you didn't listen and now you're going to the doctors after it's got this far"

Sigh

Caporegime
OP
:(:(:(:(

Phoned up mum, she's still there

Gotta have an ECG, she's getting heart pulpitations... This is most likely due to the hole, going now

Damn it :(:(

Back
Top Bottom