• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why does Palit seem to get all the 2080ti GPU's

Soldato
Palit is the largest board partner in the world in terms of sales, so I imagine they probably have some decent clout with Nvidia.

Soldato
You're looking at this from the perspective of a round eyed, Western devil. Palit are huge in Asia. China is in Asia, Asia is the future...apparently.

Soldato
I dont see what the issue is with buying palit.

They have some of the best cards on the market. Because they sell cards in hottest climates their cooling has to be good.
They competitively priced.
If you get issue early on, you dont need to send to asia, just send back to OCUk under the retail warranty.
If card survives past retail warranty its probably going to last for long time anyway.

Soldato
Aesthetically speaking though some of their designs are quite terrible,IMO. Very much a blingy, cheap & tacky, lots of red & gold gamer look, designed for the e-sports teenagers of asia,

Soldato
Whats funny is I tend to find gigabyte and asus designs ugly, I dont like angular edges.

They tend to be catered towards military designs which western gamers seem to love.

Caporegime
Maybe because everyone buys the other brands and not palit?

I mentioned this before, always 10+ of the Palits in, so musn't be selling, but according to Gibbo, they are their best sellers, everyone buys them, so he keeps them in good supply, so he doesn't run out, but looks like one has :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Maybe because everyone buys the other brands and not palit?
This would not surprise me as from reading reviews the palit cooler is no better then the stock Nvidia OEM cooler on the 2080ti..

Also the palit 2080ti's only has a 2 year warranty (Even there £1400 one is only 2 years :eek:)

Soldato
I remember having an "XpertVision" Geforce 8600GT, which is a palit brand, and it was the cheapest card on there, but it had a custom dual slot cooler on it that was better than stock cards 25% more expensive!

Associate
Because no one wants them, because they look like they are channeling the local pound shop. They would be in the 10 for a quid bin because even ****** have standards.

Associate
Must admit, the Palit 2080ti's were in stock when i purchased my Ventus OC but would rather have gone without than get a Palit, Don't know why, just a brand i wasn't familiar with and like previous posts state, they look pretty tacky.

Back
Top Bottom