• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why don't you guys just....wait a bit?

smr

smr

Soldato
could have waited to be honest.

But rumours are ripe of a supply dry up going into November so thought it was now or never to grab a card at the lower MRSP price.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's just simple business tactics. Like when you go on certain wholesale retailers websites and it says "150 people are looking to buy this right now" yeah right :D

Associate
Personally I'm upgrading from a 970 and my old PC has died so I'm without a PC otherwise.

But I can stick the 970 in my new rig and at least have something until I can get a date for this.

Associate
Oh my goodness.
Why don't you guys just wait?

1 In a month or two prices would have stabilized.
2 The brand of card you want will more likely be in stock.
3 20GB 3080's might be announced.
4 AMD will reveal Big Navi.
5 More reviews will be out on all the AIB cards. EG The Asus TUF is so fatr the best cooler out of all the ones tested.

Just relax guys.

But then you can't spend days on the forum saying

1. How yours is being delivered today
2. The doorbell just rung.
3. Unboxing and photos for the forum with lots of :D everywhere.
4. Making up and insane overclock to impress people and modestly say you must have been lucky again
5. Let everyone know who has not got one that no doubt soon they will be able to join you in the promised land whilst secretly smirking at the losers.

If you are clever enough you can run that out until your 3090 is ordered and then you can spend days on the forum saying :-

1. How yours is being delivered today
2. The doorbell has just ..........

etc etc.

Soldato
I know it's unlikely but do you remember the Radeon HD 4850 and 4870?
They came from nowhere and spanked Nvidia.
You don't even have to go that far back. The 2070 and 2060 got spanked last year. The Supers weren't released out of the goodness of Nvidia's hearts, and the 2060 even got a price cut, which Nvidia just never do.

Associate
OP
Wouldn't be surprised if that's just simple business tactics. Like when you go on certain wholesale retailers websites and it says "150 people are looking to buy this right now" yeah right :D

On a well known high street stores website it says 132200 views in 24 hours on the TUF 3080. Yeah right

Caporegime
I agree with you sentiment but your point 1 is wrong. last time there was this kind of pathetic launch by Nvidia, prices stabilised in a few months time to £100-£150 more than launch price and they never ever want back down to first day prices.

Plus by the time stocks are plentiful we might have parity with the dollar and all cards are £1000+ in the UK ;)

Associate
OP
I agree with you sentiment but your point 1 is wrong. last time there was this kind of pathetic launch by Nvidia, prices stabilised in a few months time to £100-£150 more than launch price and they never ever want back down to first day prices.

Plus by the time stocks are plentiful we might have parity with the dollar and all cards are £1000+ in the UK ;)

TBH I'm quite happy to take the risk.

One UK retailer site was showing over a 1000+ people viewing certain 3080 models on the run up to 2pm yesterday.
And the way most the sites crashed and burned just after 2pm I do actually believe it.

The hype train is leaving the platform... choo! choo!
download.jfif

Associate
You don't even have to go that far back. The 2070 and 2060 got spanked last year. The Supers weren't released out of the goodness of Nvidia's hearts, and the 2060 even got a price cut, which Nvidia just never do.
Spanked? all those benchmarks with the 2070 super outperforming the amd must have been rigged then or do we blame the drivers that was the problem? Yes it was cheaper, was cheaper for a reason.

Soldato
Prices will hike, like they did the last series. People will hoard them and sell them at insane value privately all while the average mug sits and waits for their 1 hour window before they are all sold out again, buying at said higher prices because vendors know people will lap it up.

Soldato
Spanked? all those benchmarks with the 2070 super outperforming the amd must have been rigged then or do we blame the drivers that was the problem? Yes it was cheaper, was cheaper for a reason.
Reading fail. He was talking about the 2060 and 2070 specifically at the price point that they were at, not about the Super lines RTX cards.

Now the 5700XT pretty much win and lose against the 2070 Super roughly 50/50 on the latest drivers depended on the games, so that actually make 2070 Super that costed £100/25% more a poorer value purchase.

Associate
When supply increases prices will be more likely to hit MRSP.
Anyway have fun checking emails everyday. Where are you in the order Queue? No 154443? :D

Yeah this is wrong. It happens on every single launch. There isn't enough stock at launch which pushes prices up. As more stock become available... prices stay high for about 6 months. It's all by design so Nvidia can sell cards for a higher price than they claim they are available for.

Associate
I've decided not to upgrade my 2080ti this year so...

im-doing-my-part.jpg

Seriously though, is sh*tcoin mining still a thing, I thought the electricity costs outweighed any profit of this baseless currency? Isn't it about time governments stepped in, we have enough energy problems and climate change stuff going on as it is.

Back
Top Bottom