• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why has the price of the 1700x changed?

Soldato
Making a thread over not trusting OcUK because of this, is a tad harsh. Gibbo can't be writing essays every time he makes a post, covering all angles. In some quick posts, you're not going to get all the details every time. He did add the clause in one/some posts that it could also end if the deals ran out. This is why so many company reps don't say anything at all on public forums: can get in trouble very quickly, unintentionally. But to plenty it's refreshing that Gibbo and others post publicly and regularly, and you have to have some understanding of how quickly things change in this business.

Next time if it's not feasible to purchase and have components shipped individually - order it, then contact OcUK and ask them to hold it a few days till you add some more parts.

Soldato
I was going to get a 1700x and I read on the forums that the price was until the 2nd, but it was now changed.

Deals especially in retail are supported by the Vendor and distributors for a set amount of stock to a paticular date

Retail might have 1000 units of a CPU priced at £100 and cost them £85, retailer/vender want to so a limited deal to bring the store front price to £75 for 500 of those 1000 units.

Vendor says to the retailer sell the Units at £75 and we refund enough to bring them down the equivalent £70.

This is what happened here, they likely reached the limit they could sell the CPU at £239.99 before the Dec 2nd date and had to up the price.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

All post were made clear:
AMD deals end 2nd December or when deal stock sold out.
All other deals also end December 2nd or when deal stock sells out.

On the 1700X our deal stock sold out way before December 2nd came, as such I sourced more stock which was around £15 additional cost to ourselves, hence the deal price rose by £20 upto £260, but it was still heavily discounted from the £330 it is today.

Memory prices I warned the prices were dramatically reduced as as more fresh stock arrived to cope with demand, our average cost on stock increased and as such our sell price goes up, now most of our memory is back upto channel pricing levels, as such much higher.

I always make it clear in my post that deals can sell out and generally if you like the look of something, you should grab it, because deals can sell out or stock owned at lower prices can sell out.

We cannot repeat AMD deals unless they make an official channel wide promotion like they did, though I have nothing concrete I am sure AMD will do a similar promotion for the Christmas period, though no guarantee and if they do you should buy straight away and not wait.

Soldato
Wa06s_Ip.jpg

This fake slide still being passed around ? sigh

Back
Top Bottom