Why I have gone back to Windows 7

Associate
Well folks,
I have looked around many times whats the best O/S for gaming etc, but now that after spending some three weeks restoring my PC to how I want it after the Windows 1809 patch wiped out all of my game saves etc due to the 1809 patch issue as per https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/10/08/microsoft_windows_10_pulled/

With the stupid Cortana, "diagnostics", adverts, games installed I am going back to Windows 7, over which I know I can use everything I want to and not worry about Canda Crush Saga reinstalling itself every ten minutes.

I ONLY want what I install on it, NOT want MS want me to put on.

I cannot see a reason now to stay with Windows 10, not until they have had a year or of good updates...

... and yesterday was the last straw with the activation issue, I formatted my machine and installed Windows 7

Am I mad let me know your thoughts below -

Associate
OP
I am going to go back to Windows 10 at some point, BUT only after it has had at least six months of no major mess ups, for me as a parent having a Windows 10 machine always updating, causing problems isn't good with a) kids having to do homework and b) my Elite Dangerous gaming time!

Associate
OP
well basically because it went Home version last night - asking for activation again, something I know that has been sorted but as I have mentioned I just want a system that I can use not one I have to pray will work prior to turning it on.
Windows 10 Pro also won't allow me to run a bit of hardware under a certain drive, any updates only provide a newer driver which doesn't work with the hard as I need it to

Associate
OP
That's true, but my concerns are further enhanced by the issues of the activation problem yesterday, having Updates paused wouldn't have prevented that issue would it (Genuine question)

I may try a clean install over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom