Why no Topre UK keyboards?

Soldato
I am always hearing such good things about these Topre switches, people rave about them in the keyboard community, but they seem to have virtually zero presence in the UK, with no ISO boards. I am a bit baffled as to why, as despite the premium I think they'd do really well here.

The RGB Realforce below looks great. Alas, we often seem to get forgotten when it comes to ISO layout boards. :(

Man of Honour
TBH I found them about the same as my cheapy old generic rubber dome keyboards - good for typing so so for gaming - not terrible for gaming but I didn't find they gave me the precision of mx blacks for FPS gaming.

Might be good for people who prefer a more hybrid key that is good for both gaming and typing as personally I don't rate blues or even browns that much for gaming, while I don't rate reds or blacks for typing.

EDIT: The 1.5mm actuation could be good for people who are truly insane RTS players I guess.

Last edited:
Permabanned
maybe because cherry switches are cheaper than Topre. CoolerMaster did make a Topre keyboard which despite some flaws was pretty decent but not worth the initial cost compared to the competition from other "gaming" keyboards.

As for the Topre RGB Whenever they release a TKL ISO layout i'm buying it. They always market their stuff for the American/Asian/Australian market for some reason so maybe Topre's marketing department is to blame for their lack of presence in Europe/UK.

Back
Top Bottom