• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why Ti?

Soldato
It's short for Titanium, it's an artefact from the old GeForce 2 days where it meant a slightly better GeForce 2 GTS that was not as good as the significantly faster GeForce 2 Ultra (I know, I was silly enough to buy a GeForce 2 Ti when my GeForce 2 GTS broke and I was very disappointed with the ~10% performance increase in 3DMark).

Last edited:
Soldato
It's short for Titanium, it's an artefact from the old GeForce 2 days where it meant a slightly better GeForce 2 GTS that was not as good as the significantly faster GeForce 2 Ultra (I know, I was silly enough to buy a GeForce 2 Ti when my GeForce 2 GTS broke and I was very disappointed with the ~10% performance increase in 3DMark).
The GF2 Ultra wasn't much faster than the Ti. The only difference between them was a 30MHz bump on the memory clock for the Ultra, which was achievable by just about any Ti through overclocking anyway. All the GF2 cards had exactly the same core configuration, so it was only memory bandwidth seperating them (although most GTS cards only had 32MB of memory, so fell off at higher resolutions).

Back
Top Bottom