Why?

Soldato
I don't understand why people aren't or wouldn't be curious about the world around them.

Turning into a really bad spot there - dunno why doesn't seem to be anything special about it but countless accidents and some fatalities around the same spot over the last few years.

Traffic queues to leave and drivers not paying attention is the main reason, rarely see anyone under 80mph, no traffic police enforcement....

Man of Honour
Traffic queues to leave and drivers not paying attention is the main reason, rarely see anyone under 80mph, no traffic police enforcement....

It is an increasing problem generally though but that stretch there seems to be seeing a lot of incidents lately.

Soldato
The M5 is a horrid motorway. As a Brum resident I often complain about the traffic on the M6, but everytime I'm on the M5, it's just a crap show of people doing 60mph in three lanes, and people not wanting to move over when you inevitably want to overtake.

But yeah, anytime there's anything remotely going on, you're sure to find rubberneckers who just forget about driving to see what's happened. Annoys me to no end!

Soldato
I don't understand why people aren't or wouldn't be curious about the world around them.

Because when you're driving on the motorway (and in fact in general) you should be concentrating on your own driving and that of the people around you, not what's happening on the other side of the road...

Soldato
It's for this reason there should be a 4-5ft barrier between the carriageways on motorways.

I'd quite like something like this. Would also prevent drivers getting blinded by those driving with fake ****** HID kits that like to burn your retinas out just by pointing in your direction.

Soldato
Human beings have a natural curiosity about the world around them. It's one of our better traits as a species. It does have some downsides however; this being one of them. Better this way than to not have any curiosity at all.

Soldato
Just human nature. I can't honestly say that I remain 100% blinkered on the road ahead when something has occurred on the opposite carriageway. I don't actively slow down to have a look though.

Associate
Had this today, queuing traffic jct 10-8 on M25 as soon as we got to the incident on other side that people were looking at the queue vanished, unbelievable, all that hold up for no reason at all. arghhh!

Soldato
Human beings have a natural curiosity about the world around them. It's one of our better traits as a species. It does have some downsides however; this being one of them. Better this way than to not have any curiosity at all.

We're also supposed to be intelligent... e.g. enough to know when it's appropriate to be curious, and when it's more appropriate to pay attention to what the **** we're supposed doing. Clearly this is too much to ask of most people.

Soldato
OP
Had this today, queuing traffic jct 10-8 on M25 as soon as we got to the incident on other side that people were looking at the queue vanished, unbelievable, all that hold up for no reason at all. arghhh!
Exactly! This happens 100% of the time. And there is simply no reason for it apart from pure stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom