Wich widescreen is as high as a 17'' or 16' normal screen

Soldato
Hello, i'm on a borrowed dual monitor setup ( a 17' tft borrowed and my own 17'crt (wich is 16'actual size, liek all crt's)
Now i want my own tft, and been thinking about widescreen.

Wich widescreen monitor is as high as my 17/16'crt?

Also if anyone has some nice monitor suggestions be free to say but i want:
At most 8ms g2g responce time...
Preferably DVI
Ok image: eg. not too bright/ too dark or wrong black/white or any other colours
As cheap as possible with all above...
Doesnt have to be new

Budget is around 250 to 300 € MAX (200 quid absolute Max), but i prefer it to be as low as possible because i need a new case too. ( also can be a used monitor, i just need a rough estimation what kind of monitor i can get)

Last edited:
given that a 17" crt has a 16" viewable area, and a 19" widescreen lcd has the same viewable height as a 17" 5:4 lcd (give or take) whic has an inch more screen than the same size crt. so, an 18" widescreen would have the same display height as a 17" crt with 16" viewable....if one existed.

Last edited:
james.miller said:
given that a 17" crt has a 16" viewable area, and a 19" widescreen lcd has the same viewable height as a 17" 5:4 lcd (give or take) whic has an inch more screen than the same size crt. so, an 18" widescreen would have the same display height as a 17" crt with 16" viewable....if one existed.

Are you sure? The 19' widescreens in shops look a lot lower as the current 17' tft i'm using.

If you are sure about what you said, what is a nice ws 19' tft to get for gaming&occasional dvd (including hd stuff)

Thanx everyone, then im gettign a 19' ws tft to go with my 17' (16'truesize) crt.

Now i can even have some money left to get me an akasa eclipse 62 case :) .

Edit: wich one of these 2 screens looks best:

Acer AL1916WAs (19", 5ms, D-sub, Zwart⁄Zilver)
LG L194WT-SF Widescreen TFT (19", 5ms, D-sub⁄DVI-D, Zilver⁄Black)

The acer is cheaper but i'm unsure wich brand is good and wich is bad?

Last edited:
DSCF5655.jpg

20" with 2 17"s. The 20" screen is about 4-5mm taller than the 17.

Back
Top Bottom