Widescreen 19" TFT's... ???

Soldato
Hullo everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of what widescreen 19" TFT's we will be seeing in the next couple of months?

I was about to smack down £220 for the Viewsonic VA1912W but after speaking to many UK e-tailors, I have found out that this monitor is not available in the UK in black. I have written to many of these e-tailors asking them to put pressure on Viewsonic to import the back model and written to Viewsonic but I fear that this will have no result.

I despise the colour silver and the pixels per £ for 20" widescreen monitors is outrageous. Therefore, does anyone know what 19" models we will be seeing soon? Hopefully there will be some available in black...

P.S Gibbo or any other OCUK employee please get on Viewsonics back and ask them to sort themsleves out. Cheers!

Man of Honour
I doubt we will see much development in that sector since the 20" WS market is really taking off right now. Maybe a new model or two from Viewsonic or Samsung perhaps, but hard to say really....

Soldato
OP
It's a shame that an inch, albeit with a resolution incerase too costs £100+...

Oh well, I shall have to see what my badgering of Viewsonic does.

Soldato
OP
Well, I received an answer from Ricky Kumar at Viewsonic regarding my concerns. Here's what he had to say:
Thanks for your comments, I feel the same way but unfortunately we only carry the silver model in Europe and this will continue in the future too. This was a decision taken by Senior Management to reduce the number of products in our line up.

The only thing I can do is feed this to my responsible colleagues.

As you are probably aware the Black model is only sold in the US.
One can only imagine what this means for other Viewsonic models too.
But the res increas is a lot of increase, personally i don't see how a 19" WS has more desktop space than even a 17" TFT since you lose vertical res by 150 and gain 160 on the side.
The VA1912W is of a similar physical size to my VX912. Yes, I may lose some y axis resolution but the increase in x axis resoultion means that it is much more suited to games and movies than the 5:4 resolution that I am currently stuck at.

Associate
As soon as you start reading the forums you'll realise i much you'll miss that vertical res, 150 pixels doesn't sound a lot but it is. That's my 2pence anyway.
I second that, I sent back a VA1912W as the loss in vertical resolution was too great from the 17" TFT I had before. I bought the Belinea 20" and it is easily worth the extra £100.

Back
Top Bottom