1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen review...

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Seirrah, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Seirrah

Gangster

Here's a nice review of a few screens and should hopefully help some people make a decision about what to buy. I should point out that the Philips screen that is tested is NOT the same as the one that OcUK sell, they are now using a different panel (despite the model number remaining the same)

http://www6.tomshardware.com/2006/01/31/do_you_want_a_16_9_lcd_monitor_now/

2. tedmaul

Wise Guy

hmm, quite an interesting read. I find it a bit strange though that with a number of new monitors arriving at the mo with faster 8ms panels they've chosen to review a load of models that have been out for ages. All i've really found out from that is that most of the older widescreen models aren't that great for gaming, whereas i'm more interested in whether the NEW models that are popping up now on overclockers and elsewhere are up to scratch....

3. Seirrah

Gangster

Yeah I agree with you.

4. aMb

Gangster

:confused:

Was quite close to buying one of these, to replace an ageing 19" Sony CRT. Not too hot on playing games but movies would certainly be a consideration, should i be that worried about what toms mentioned??

5. fish99

Soldato

Yeah, rather pointless article if they're not gonna include the Belinea 102035W and the new Acers like the AL2016Ws, not to mention the 19" widescreens from Acer/Viewsonic. I guess they couldn't get hold of them to test.

6. fish99

Soldato

If video noise is as bad as Toms say, then I wouldn't buy one for movies. I've seen bad video noise on a few TFTs (never used a 2405 though) and it does make DVDs unpleasant to watch.

7. houdini

Associate

What drivers are people running the 3007s on?

8. sunky

PermaBanned

do y'all think 3007 is perfect???