Widespread "Can't reach Oculus Runtime Service" problem

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Confirmed.
The workaround of setting the system date for yesterday does work. Don't go back a year (as I tried), just breaks other things.

Soldato
That's pretty poor from Oculus tbh.....an expired licence lol....somebody at Oculus forgot to submit the licence renewals...and bam every single Oculus headset is useless :D

Where is their 'offline' mode?

Man of Honour
That's pretty poor from Oculus tbh.....an expired licence lol....somebody at Oculus forgot to submit the licence renewals...and bam every single Oculus headset is useless :D

Sadly this kind of approach with software isn't totally uncommon - its really poor IMO as if you are off the grid for awhile, etc. it can stop things working with sometimes no ready fix.

Associate
The e-mail suggests that if you didn't try to log in (which I didn't as I knew it wouldn't work) you might not get the store credit, it's only for those who were impacted ! ...just updating now to see if I have the credit...I think it's completely reinstalling (nearly 4gb). $15 isn't going to break me so I'm not too fussed tbh.

"We’re very sorry for the disruption today. We’re providing a $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) to people impacted by this issue. If you used Rift on or after February 1st, 2018 this credit will be added to your account automatically within the next 7 days. See this page for info about Oculus Store credits."

Associate
The e-mail suggests that if you didn't try to log in (which I didn't as I knew it wouldn't work) you might not get the store credit, it's only for those who were impacted ! ...just updating now to see if I have the credit...I think it's completely reinstalling (nearly 4gb). $15 isn't going to break me so I'm not too fussed tbh.

"We’re very sorry for the disruption today. We’re providing a $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) to people impacted by this issue. If you used Rift on or after February 1st, 2018 this credit will be added to your account automatically within the next 7 days. See this page for info about Oculus Store credits."
The email doesn't suggest if you didn't try and log in you won't get the credit. It basically says if you used your Rift over the past month or so you'll get the credit. Well that's how it read to me.

Associate
The email doesn't suggest if you didn't try and log in you won't get the credit. It basically says if you used your Rift over the past month or so you'll get the credit. Well that's how it read to me.

Agreed.
"If you used Rift on or after February 1st"
Used not logged in

Back
Top Bottom