Wierd wireless problem

Associate
K here's the setup: PC with wireless PCI card connecting to a netgear router (which is connected to broadband). Problem is, if i leave the wireless turned on for a while (happens everytime i leave it overnight) the wireless just stops doing anything. I can't disable it, windows hangs when i try and repair it (hangs while it's trying to disable it), and the only way round it that i've found is to restart the computer.

anyone have any idea what the problem is? there's nothing in event manager. the wirelss is usign WEP and hte signal strength is very good.

any help is appreciated.

Associate
OP
it's a KCORP kls-530, not a great brand but it didnt always do this, but i can't remember changing anything.

The first thing i thought was that it was azureus because it happenned when i left that on but then one day it happened when i only had opera open.

Associate
OP
k just did that, there was a new driver for the wireless pci card.

I installed it and the same thing happenned. Then i installed the wireless utility for the pci card to avoid using windows to configure everything, and it did it again.

This is such a wierd and annoying problem, I know it's not the router because all *** other computers in my house are connnecting to it fine all day.

even stranger thing is i tried using a usb wireless adaptor instead of the PCI card, and the same thing happenned. so it's a windows thing i think.

any suggestioons as to what settings i can change?

Back
Top Bottom