Wifi antenna for Gigabyte Aorus B450 I Pro system

Associate
Morning all. Just getting my OcUK desktop up and running again after a bit of a hiatus. Can't wait to actually get stuck into some gaming again, here and there.

The one thing though with the system that has always bugged me is the wifi antenna though. It came with the unit/motherboard and attaches using the two standard gold pins on the back which then run to a plastic antenna unit.

Having the antenna just loose sitting on top of the chassis always bugged me. So I presume I can get an antenna (2x? there are two antenna ports) that fits directly onto the screws/pins on the motherboard IO without any cabling (i.e. they just attach straight to the machine).

Not looking to spend masses of cash on the them and I presume they aren't hugely expensive either. So does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I've attached a couple of pics below to show you the current set up.

I know nothing at all about wifi, networking, quality and performance of parts, and so on. The performance of the current antenna is absolutely fine, it maxes out the network potential of the wifi in my flat and due to a slightly unforeseen corona-related relocation to my folks' place for a couple of weeks, also seems to max out the network potential here a good eight metres through various walls of the wifi here.

kuhIeZG.jpg qfKQ2oD.jpg

Soldato
£2-4 from a well known auction site, but what you have now is technically superior as it allows you to position for better signal strength - people have this nasty habit of putting PC’s next to RF shielded screens and walls etc.

Associate
OP
Ta. So is there any real benefit to different antennas? Is there anything to look out for in terms of performance, pick up, banding, or anything like that?

I know location, etc, is everything, but I would just like to have something fixed rather than something that dangles off / is loose.

Soldato
If you must run wireless what you have at the moment is a better option than directly attached antennas.

If you don't want to see it hide it behind the PC. You'll potentially be blocking the signal, but no worse than directly attached antennas would be.

Back
Top Bottom