Wii Internet Connection Problems

Associate
I bought a Wii 2 days ago and still cannot connect to the net.

I have a Netgear DG834G (v2) wireless router. The Wii easily detects my wireless network and passes the connection test.

However when trying to download updates I recieve error code 32004 everytime.

I used both Nintendo's site and www.wiierror.com and have tried all of their fixes but cannot seem to get it to work, even after moving the console near to the router, and turning off all cordless phones.

Anyone have any idea what I can do?

Thanks JonnyC

Soldato
Mine works using DHCP but there's no harm in using manual settings.

I did have problems when my router was set to connect using only G mode, but switching it to Mixed Mode fixed that (even though the Wii connects in G rather than B anyway). However, I wasn't getting past the connection test, so this probably isn't even relevant.

edit: Nintendo have instructions on configuring your Wii manually here... http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/connectingOnline.jsp?entryId=wRouter

Last edited:
Soldato
Oops, yeah, sorry I missed the part where you said that.

There's a thread on Nintendo's forums where Netgear owners said they had to use a static IP for their Wii and then add the Wii's IP to the "Trusted IP Address" section... Have you tried that? Dunno if it's any use, as I've not got a Netgear. I also saw some people saying they needed to switch off the firewall on their routers - not sure I'd want to do that though.

Back
Top Bottom