Wii U

Soldato
okay so it has some hardcore games...
The controller method doesnt look very suited to hardcore gaming however.
It'l be a bit more powerful (speculation..) then current gen consoles... and Sony + MS will have their new offerings probably announced at next E3, and knowing them will blow the Nintendo system in terms of power.

So what are you left with? a console with an awkward control method, inferior graphics and tons of play once and disgard typical Nintendo titles.

Thats my prediction anyway :D

Soldato
OP
so is the touchscreen capacitive or resistive?

But like the Wii, the controller is the hardware that matters, and the Wii U's is a real kitchen sink of a controller. It's got a giant 6.2-inch touchscreen--that's closer to tablet than smartphone, on the touchscreen-size-meter--that might be resistive, judging from the demos we were shown. Resistive touchscreens are largely out of fashion, in favor of the capacitive screens on smartphones and tablets--capacitive screens are more precise, allow for multitouch, and usually offer better clarity, though resistive touchscreens, like in Nintendo's DS and 3DS handhelds, are cheaper and permit the use of a stylus.

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/artic...-and-its-huge-touchscreened-tablet-controller

Caporegime
so is the touchscreen capacitive or resistive?

I reckon capacitive as it has a stylus (which are mostly on resistive screens/phones/tablets etc). Capacitive would cost more, and you would need a "special" stylus, again increasing the cost. Probably gonna be missing multi-touch as well, again mostly associated with capacitive screens. 3DS is resistive as well, I think.

rp2000

Caporegime
:o

Thanks for letting us know; both about your own personal gaming experience on the Wii U (from E3 I assume?? ;)) and about the awful Wii. It's appreciated! :p

You are welcome, look at the picture in the first post and the picture of the guy holding it. Look how far you would have to stretch your fingers to reach those top bumpers :eek:

Soldato
okay so it has some hardcore games...
The controller method doesnt look very suited to hardcore gaming however.
It'l be a bit more powerful (speculation..) then current gen consoles... and Sony + MS will have their new offerings probably announced at next E3, and knowing them will blow the Nintendo system in terms of power.

So what are you left with? a console with an awkward control method, inferior graphics and tons of play once and disgard typical Nintendo titles.

Thats my prediction anyway :D

Based purely on speculation, MS and Sony's new console will do 1080p as a standard, what is stopping developers just making it 720p for the Wii U?

Either that or The console could have the power to display 1080p.

Who knows, but this thread is speculating on things which are currently unknown.

Soldato
Fair enough :)

Even for kids? Which lets be honest it where they have dominated the market.

Surely you survived the N64 controller as a kid? unless you were older then.

I remember looking at the Left shoulder button and the D Pad and having to change hand positions on some games to play :cool:, and that was the coolest console ever made.

Associate
Surely you survived the N64 controller as a kid? unless you were older then.

I remember looking at the Left shoulder button and the D Pad and having to change hand positions on some games to play :cool:, and that was the coolest console ever made.

N64 was just 100% pure awesome. I'm hoping this new funky controller is going to make this new Wii U just as awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom