Wild Deer

Associate
The last time i took some deer shots was back when i had my sigma 70-300 dg macro, so i thought it was about time to test the 100-400 with some deer.

took these about a month ago but have only just had time to go through them.

comments and critique welcome, please be harsh if needs be as it will help me to learn. cheers.

Associate
I like them, especially no2 & no5.
As a minor criticism (well you did ask ;) ) the impression of the dear being wild (and I'm sure they are) would be enhanced by not having the man made fence in the background.
Having said that, if I'd taken them I would be pleased with the result.

Soldato
Am liking the fisrt two, and also the third. The last two are slightly spolied by the shadows on the faces.

Also, I dont see any cars in any of the shots! Whats going on? :p

Associate
OP
Joe T said:
Am liking the fisrt two, and also the third. The last two are slightly spolied by the shadows on the faces.

Also, I dont see any cars in any of the shots! Whats going on? :p

i tried to combine the two, honest guv :D , just i couldnt get the deer to stay still while all the noisy cars drove round.

Associate
OP
thanks for the comments so far.

with regard to what looks like sensor dirt i can assure you its not. those deer had loads of flies around them, which does look like sensor dirt.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Wollaton hall?

Still, that background fence is really distracting either use a smaller aperture or change the composition.

Along the lines of composition I would suggest shooting from a lower angle, this should emphasize the size of the Deer as at the moment they could be the size of small domestic animals :)

Back
Top Bottom