Wildly inconsistent FPS issue

Associate
I'm having an amazingly annoying problem when playing CoD:MW. Sometimes I can play with no issues at all for hours and will be hitting 70-100fps no problem, then suddenly I start getting fps drops to 20fps for a few seconds then back up to 70fps and then back down to 20fps. Its not being caused by overheating as my card was a pretty consistent 71* while playing

When this drops my FB Usage % & Power % drop off while Frametime increases significantly.

My spec is as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X @4.2Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x 8GB
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Display: 3840 x 1080, 120hz

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I could try because it's driving me insane! You can see the FPS drops below, sometimes this even happens in the middle of a match

FPS-Drop.jpg

Soldato
If it's some driver issue you could try running LatencyMon on background and check what it says after encountering that problem.
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
DPC latency issues are certain to cause also frame rate issues.
Though most often they show up as sound problems.

Also in single player gaming disconnecting from internet would be another variable to check.

Soldato
Yeah the internet could be the problem,with it causing latency in the game.

I play MW too and sometimes I've had that, frames dropped and jerky. It was my internet.

Your internet or even a server problem. I installed the 'broadband quality monitor' from www.thinkbroadband.com and it keeps a running log of your internet quality/latency then after the game you can check to see if it ties up to your frame losses and whether it's you or their server.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have the same issue. Is it a few multiplayer maps only by any chance? Does Warzone perform faultlessly?

I don't play warzone so unsure but it seems to affect any map in multiplayer. Ive since stopped playing and moved on to RDR2 and not had a single issue so I expect its something to do with CoD

Soldato
Mine boiled down to having Raytracing enabled. There seems to be a few bugs with it, without it on it's consistently perfect with a high FPS always.

Back
Top Bottom