• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will 1200w be enough for a 5090?

Soldato
Let me just check that for you.

iu

Associate
OP
Probably but there is obviously no official spec for the 5090 yet. Wait til it exists then check compatability.
Yes probably but it was a mistake to buy a PSU now before the other parts are released
Thanks sadly i was offered a unit thats worth £350 for £100 sealed locally - scrapped project, So pulled the trigger, hopefully it is

Soldato
Thanks sadly i was offered a unit thats worth £350 for £100 sealed locally - scrapped project, So pulled the trigger, hopefully it is

it should be fine, Seasonic are known for over engineering their higher end PSU`s to be beefier than their wattage rating suggests.

Soldato
it will be fine you have to remember that our friends in the US run off a 115v domestic supply, so they can only draw a continuous current and power that equates to 1200-1500w max before they start to cook their wiring unless its an oven or something like that

Associate
I think they'd crash and burn if it actually needed a 1200W PSU, let alone anything beyond it. There will always be the odd unicorn-vomit black-hole-cooled AIB that needs a bit more, but for the average power-gamer, PSUs top out at 1000W.

There's also the prospect - and I suspect this is likely - that the EU will slap a maximum on power draw in the next few years. They had a go at this for 8k TVs but left loopholes. I expect those loopholes to be closed when they come for GPUs. They will come for GPUs. Nvdia has made a lot of headlines lately, so they will be in Thierry Breton's crosshairs. Expect a max TDW of 200W.

Back
Top Bottom