• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will a HIS X1900 XT ICEQ 3 Overclock to a xt-x

Soldato
Im planing to buy a HIS ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) And I will be overclocking it to the xt-x version from day 1. What I want to know have you had any probs overclocking these cards to the xt-x version, and what are your temps?

Associate
Review

"As much as we’d all love to own a top-of-the-line video card, it’s not feasible for everyone. Fortunately, though, there are sometimes better deals at the mid- to high-end. For instance the HIS Radeon X1900 XT IceQ 3. It would be easy to disregard an X1900 XT, but by doing so you’d be missing out on a good value. I use the word “value” here with some trepidation because the HIS Radeon X1900 XT IceQ 3 costs $400-plus. Its current price tag, however, is 20% lower than the average XTX. And there’s virtually no need to spend extra funds thanks to HIS’ bundle and innovation.
To cool its GPU and memory, HIS did away with ATI’s reference cooler and uses a quieter, all-copper design with heatpipes instead. HIS parts the card’s cooling apparatus to separate the GPU and memory heatsinks, preventing the heat from one heatsink transferring into the other. A large, quiet fan at the rear of the card circulates air over both heatsinks, where an open vent in the card’s dual-slot case bracket expels it.

I found the IceQ 3 cooler to be very capable, and it handled a significant overclock with ease. Out of the box the X1900 XT IceQ 3’s GPU runs at 625MHz, and its 512MB of onboard memory is set at 1.45GHz (725MHz DDR). At these clock speeds the card put up a respectable score of 5706 in 3DMark06 and a frame rate of 49fps in F.E.A.R. at 1,600 x 1,200 with 4XAA and 16XAF enabled. By enabling overdrive, I overclocked the card to 667MHz/1.56GHz, and the scores jumped to 6016 and 51fps, respectively.

With a price about 20% lower than a typical Radeon X1900 XTX, a quiet cooler, and a bundle that includes full versions of PowerDVD, FlatOut, several video cables, and the ability to easily overclock to XTX levels, the HIS Radeon X1900 XT IceQ 3 is winner"

Associate
Rob43 said:
Has anyone ever heard of a X1900XT that won't clock to XTX speeds ?

Rob

Meeeeee!! :p

My HIS x1900xt will only do 655mhz on the core and the memory won't overclock at all. So not really xtx speeds. I've tried raising the voltages with ATi tool but didn't get much of an increase and experienced a lot of crashing despite never going above 70 degrees load. I'll just have to make do I suppose.

So not all xt's get to xtx speeds.

Associate
speedy2004 said:
Im planing to buy a HIS ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) And I will be overclocking it to the xt-x version from day 1. What I want to know have you had any probs overclocking these cards to the xt-x version, and what are your temps?

I run my his 24/7 at 715/845 , ive ramped the fan speeds up but i bet its still quieter than a standard x1900 , sits around 70 load. Clocking to xtx speeds should be no prob :p

Soldato
ugly ferret said:
I'm sorry to hear that. :( While it's very true that some graphics cards simply don't OC well, it's important to make sure you're considering all the factors.

A good idea would be to check what brand and wattage PSU you have, and how much current it can carry on the 12V rails. Overclocking can easily go belly-up if you're stretching it too much. :)

As for the topic; I've never heard of an X1900XT not overclocking to X1900XT-X speeds (until now anyway), mine does XT-X speeds at a mere 71ºC with my VF900 and I can't wait to see how much higher it will go. :D

Soldato
ugly ferret said:
Meeeeee!! :p

My HIS x1900xt will only do 655mhz on the core and the memory won't overclock at all. So not really xtx speeds. I've tried raising the voltages with ATi tool but didn't get much of an increase and experienced a lot of crashing despite never going above 70 degrees load. I'll just have to make do I suppose.

Well then you not doing it right.

They wouldn't release a card on the VERY edge, it will atleast do 10mhz more.

His Cards run at between 10 and 30C cooler.

Sapphire X1900XT @ 650/775 = 40-50 Idle/70-80 Load
His IceQ X1900XT-X @ 688/850 = 30-40 Idle/55-60 Load ;)

Same voltages...

Soldato
Concorde.. for some reason.

The day after i tried your overclocking guide with the new Tray tools..

My card wouldn't work anymore :eek:

From a competitor Btw :p

First time ive ever tried clocking one aswell :(

Soldato
TaKeN said:
The day after i tried your overclocking guide with the new Tray tools..

My card wouldn't work anymore :eek:(
The card was probably already faulty and the OC threw it over the edge. Concorde's guide is very accurate and nowhere near pushing the cards to their limits, obviously so he doesn't get flak for killing peoples cards. :)

Soldato
Ive had this card for three months so its not my computer blowing em up :p

I did see a chip half hanging on down the side of the cooler...

Hopefully i can get a full refund because they have no stock, then buy a nice HIS Version :cool: :D

Soldato
TaKeN said:
Ive had this card for three months so its not my computer blowing em up :p

I did see a chip half hanging on down the side of the cooler...

Hopefully i can get a full refund because they have no stock, then buy a nice HIS Version :cool: :D
Because it's 28 days after purchase it's more likely they'll send it off to the manufacturer and make you wait six weeks or so to get it back. Even then it will probably be replaced with exactly the same one. :(

Soldato
Snoops said:
I run my his 24/7 at 715/845 , ive ramped the fan speeds up but i bet its still quieter than a standard x1900 , sits around 70 load. Clocking to xtx speeds should be no prob :p

Edited TOXIC BIOS ????

how did you manage to edit it with 700+ cores ??? i tryed that and it just reverted back to 2d2d when flashed lol

what did you use and how did you use it ?

Associate
ViRuS2k said:
Edited TOXIC BIOS ????

how did you manage to edit it with 700+ cores ??? i tryed that and it just reverted back to 2d2d when flashed lol

what did you use and how did you use it ?

Clocks are default toxic clocks, used rabit to change the memory timings to the same as my his bios (toxic has loose timings) increased fan speeds and set core volts to 1.5

Then overclocked with rivatuner.

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
The card was probably already faulty and the OC threw it over the edge. Concorde's guide is very accurate and nowhere near pushing the cards to their limits, obviously so he doesn't get flak for killing peoples cards. :)

*Blushes*

As for killing cards, once while I was fiddling, a 2D profile change shoved it up to 1.575V :eek:

As for killing you card, it probably did push it over the edge.

Plus any additions anyone wants added to the guide?

Soldato
Concorde Rules said:
*Blushes*

As for killing cards, once while I was fiddling, a 2D profile change shoved it up to 1.575V :eek:

As for killing you card, it probably did push it over the edge.

Plus any additions anyone wants added to the guide?

Yeah, my memory wouldn't save a voltage change..

I would lower it for 2d Speeds then save it as you said, then it would revert back to 2. something volts.. :confused:

Soldato
Am I right in surmising that CE ( or master cards if you insist :D ) dont clock as well as the slave cards?

I am playing with the idea of getting an HIS X1900 slave to go with my standard CE card cuz I just feel I am not getting my moeny's worth using my Dell 2407 but also trying to talk myself out of it

Back
Top Bottom