Will I be disappointed

Man of Honour
You'll get borders on 1280x1024 on some games because some run on 4:3, and others try to run on 16:9 I *think*, and as 1280x1024 isn't a standard aspect ratio (5:4), then you may get the optimium display, but I've not seen the VGA cable in action on 1280x1024, so I can't really say.

Other than that, you shouldn't be disapointed at all, as long as you buy games that are right for you, that you want to play, and fit the genres you like, and don't go buying a game just because it's pretty and shows of the potential of the 360. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Soldato
PGR3 is the worst game for "squashing" the image,the cars looked wrong as they appear to be very thin, for PGR3 use 1024x768 on a non widescreen TFT, most other games I played seemed fine.

Soldato
I'll second the comments made here. The official VGA cable (probably the others as well) gives great quality. I run my 360 at 1024x768 and the result is really nice.

Soldato
I'd recommend a widescreen monitor if possible, they're not too costly anymore. When I first bought my 360 during December I played PGR3 on one of my twin 17" tft's and had a squashed picture, it wasn't the best and looked all wrong. Other games were fine though.

I ended up getting the 20.1" Belinea widescreen asap and haven't looked back.

Soldato
At 17" too your image is going to be quite small..

i know GRAW, FNR3 and PGR3 all squash into the middle of the screen giving you borders at the top and bottom on my old 19"

Caporegime
kola said:
I want to get an xbox360 the only thing putting me off is connecting it to my 17"TFT will i get ugly borders? and I near the colours could be washed out ?

Thx's

I get borders on abot 80% of games, but it doesn't really bother me that much, after focusing on the action you don't notice after a while.

Soldato
Kainz said:
I ended up getting the 20.1" Belinea widescreen asap and haven't looked back.

@ Kainz, hey wondered if the belinea is any good, im stuck between
> Dell 20" widescreen in this weeks offer
> belinea 20.1 Widescreen in this week offer

really stuck to which would provide the best gaming experience picturewise and resolution wise, can you give me some input on the belinea? ;)

sorry to hijack thread

Back
Top Bottom