• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

will it fit

Associate
I have a very loud graphics card but it does what i need it to in the technical aspects. I am wanting to quieten it down as it is a headache listening to it all the time.

So does any one know if a normal CPU cooler will fit. The card is a ATI Sappire HD 4850.

Soldato
A CPU cooler on a graphics card? Technically it may work to cool the GPU chip, but all the other chips won't get cooled and it may also snap the PCIE slot (also depending in the CPU cooler type, you are unlikely to get a mount adapter that fits the graphics card).

Instead, you can get aftermarket GPU coolers that work with your specific card that will run quieter and cooler than the standard one.

This one for example works with the HD 4850, is a good price and runs rather cool/quiet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom