Will overclockers accept this as a return?

Associate
Went to the shop in Stoke today, and bought a H100 and an Antec 1200. The lad on the counter said they would fit (and to be fair, you would think they would because its a 240mm rad).

I unpacked it, fitted the back plate, and tried it, hey presto, it does't fit. The rad is too long.

Will they accept as a return for a credit note?

Associate
OP
I took it back this morning, went in early to beat the rush hour. They exchanged it, didn't ask any questions. I just had to fill in a form and the lad on the counter gave me a credit note.

- The lad who sold it too me wasn't there. I can only assume he had been sacked on the spot lol....

- I couldn't get it to fit. The actual length of the radiator is longer than 240mm, as the water hoses are fed into a fitting at the top of the rad that is approx 5mm - 10mm in height, and this is replicated at the bottom, so in actual fact it's probably closer to 250mm, and the big boy fan fitting at the top gets in the way.

There are several forum posts dotted around on other sites that also document this, and the only way I've seen it being mounted with through cable ties or a mod of the top of the case.

To be fair, had I been working on the counter, I would probably of said it fitted too, so I would also of been sacked lol

Back
Top Bottom