Will there be any more clearance sales....?

Associate
Recently missed the Evans sale, looking for a really good waterproof jacket , possibly gore tex.
Also in dire need of winter cycling shoes but the ones that are usually£120 and sold for 35 sold out.

Also recommendations for waterproof gloves that are somewhat warm too?

Anyone reckon wiggle or elsewhere will have a clearance and could anyone recommend me jacket/gloves/shoes to fend this weather as I’m a cyclist / courier in central London :)

Associate
OP
I literally died last night and my overshoes dhb stopped the rain but not the cold and ripped when I took them off, and gloves are dhb winter ones that aren’t waterproof , help ;(

Soldato
If you can cope without gear until after Xmas, I'm sure a round of sales will reduce prices, back to the deals that tend to be around until about the end of October (bar Black Friday).

Relative Xmas price gouging is common.

Soldato
Not saying impossible. More unlikely.

I'd imagine most retailers will have done with the majority of their clearance before the Christmas shopping rush starts in December. You might have a chance in January.

Also, don't necessarily believe the "was" price. Yes it may have been that price at RRP for a few seconds when they entered it into their site but a lot of products are sold below RRP usually.

Associate
OP
Not saying impossible. More unlikely.

I'd imagine most retailers will have done with the majority of their clearance before the Christmas shopping rush starts in December. You might have a chance in January.

Also, don't necessarily believe the "was" price. Yes it may have been that price at RRP for a few seconds when they entered it into their site but a lot of products are sold below RRP usually.
Alright, high hopes haha, the most majority part I need is good warm waterproof gloves, there’s too much selection and don’t wanna make the wrong choice, any recommendations?

Soldato
Which ones? I think I have the extreme version. I just went out in 0-1C temperatures at a fairly easy pace and found them absolutely fine.

I do have some lobster gloves but I just couldn't get on with having just 'two' fingers.

Associate
OP
Which ones? I think I have the extreme version. I just went out in 0-1C temperatures at a fairly easy pace and found them absolutely fine.

I do have some lobster gloves but I just couldn't get on with having just 'two' fingers.
Don’t have the extreme but regular winter which is fine, my problem is rain, need to get best of the best as I cycle 10-13 hours a day and rain is becoming frequent lol,I do 250 miles a week

Soldato
I'm not sure which are the 'regular' ones but are they waterproof? The extreme version are waterproof. They appear to have been slightly redesigned.. not sure if for the better judging by the last few reviews.

Associate
OP
Soldato
I don't know exactly but glove liners exist... maybe waterproof ones do. Might be better to look for motorcycle glove liners. Surgical gloves would probably do a better job than clingfilm and far less hassle.

Soldato
My goto winter gloves are currently Sportful Sotto Zero, but I'd recommend the Fiandre for a more waterproof orientated winter glove. They're premium offerings with fairly premium pricing, much like the Castelli Estremo.

For all day long waterproofing (without looking too hard at the price!) you're probably best going Rapha and buying serveral liners to change over when they get wet. Or multiple thinner gloves which you can swap out as they get wet and dry as you go along/leave on radiator at HQ etc.

For a cheaper option alongside DHB I've got Galibier Barrier gloves and they're great winter gloves for the money, just not great in heavy prolonged rain.

In heavy rain I tend to wear gloves which easily/quickly dry out, either by being thin or are windproof so they don't feel cold even though they're wet.

Back
Top Bottom