Will these parts work?

Associate
Hi all,
New to watercooling been reading all the very informative stickies in this section regarding each components etc.
I am looking to cool my cpu and gpu using a single triple rad.

I have plenty of room in my case for 2 triples if needed.

Here is my list currently i think i have it all and they are compatible.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £596.26 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

I was not sure on the best fans really?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all,
New to watercooling been reading all the very informative stickies in this section regarding each components etc.
I am looking to cool my cpu and gpu using a single triple rad.

I have plenty of room in my case for 2 triples if needed.

Here is my list currently i think i have it all and they are compatible.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £596.26 (includes shipping: £10.50)

I was not sure on the best fans really?

Thanks

Yes those parts will work fine together, those are the same fittings I use.

Just a quick couple of questions though, why a separate D5 pump and res ? why not just go for the EK D5 revo ? then get a multiport top if you need it ?

next, plan out your build, make sure you don't need any bends etc and that you can get away with straight barbs, otherwise you'll find you get half way through your build and you're stuck having to wait to order bends and for them to be delivered.

Finally, go for any colour except red coolant, the dye stains really badly, and its pretty much impossible to remove from parts if you find you want to change your colour later on, youtube it, you'll see what I mean, a lot of people just end up giving up and buying new parts, in fact I think there is a thread on here somewhere where someone couldn't clear the parts and his white coolant kept going pink after a couple of days, and when using clear, that was going a hazy shade of pink too. Go for white or even clear, they go with anything, you can just use de-ironised water if going for clear which you can pick up from anywhere, then throw a mayhems sliver coil in the res to help, you can get those from OcUK for about £3.

As for the fans, Noctua are one of the best, you cant go wrong with those.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi,
Thank you, My case is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Midi so have the nice tall clear room at the front to put a long res in, then put the pump underneath in front of PSU, have seen it done here and other places.
I have changed the theme to white as this afternoon i read that exact thread looks like a nightmare.

After getting the hang of it i will move onto hard tube as i love the straight clean look.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi,
Thank you, My case is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Midi so have the nice tall clear room at the front to put a long res in, then put the pump underneath in front of PSU, have seen it done here and other places.
I have changed the theme to white as this afternoon i read that exact thread looks like a nightmare.

After getting the hang of it i will move onto hard tube as i love the straight clean look.

Thanks

Good choice, personally I use Mayhems coolant, I love the pastel colours, post some picts when you're done, we all like to see picts of peoples builds, try and keep tube runs as short as possible, so the most direct route to the closest part.

Back
Top Bottom