will windows xp programs work on windows 7

Soldato
hard to say if all will, but if there all the latest versions of the software then they should.
you going to win 7 64bit or 32bit? as some will need updating if its 64bit.
I have been on 64bit since 07 and all my programs run fine on it, some just needed an update

Soldato
I will be going 64 bit

Would this mean I would have to RE-download all the programs ?

some of them yes as you will have the 32bit version of those programs and some wont work with 64bit, but unless its an old outdated program there will be a 64bit version.
i never found it a problem going to 64bit, everything i had the 32bit version still worked fine or there was a 64bit version to download.
at the end of the day 64bit is nothing new its been around years so most problems with software have been sort long ago

Associate
You wont need specific 64bit versions of your programs and games - 32bit applications run fine on x64. However, your applications may need reinstalling if they rely on registry keys or settings that are linked to your XP install.

Soldato
You wont need specific 64bit versions of your programs and games - 32bit applications run fine on x64. However, your applications may need reinstalling if they rely on registry keys or settings that are linked to your XP install.

not always the case some programs see you have 64bit and wont install if you're trying to install the 32bit

Top Bottom